Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:54:09 PM EDT
Here are some pics of what I call the 'BW89A3' SBR.  BW89 clone registered SBR, MP5K vertical grip, SUO MP5 clipped lower with rear tang removed and new pin holes, el cheapo Tapco tactical mount (handles 9mm recoil fine), Eotech 552, modified adapter for A3 stock, POF A3 stock.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:53:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it. Very nice looking set up
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Clean rig.

Max
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
very cool, wish WA State allowed me to do the same.

Unless you care about seeing the iron sights, you might want to look into swaping out the mount for the B&T low mount or the Leapers clone of it($20) it will get the Eotech down lower.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tip.  I just ordered one of those mounts from cheaperthendirt along with a few G3 mags for the V51 I'm thinking about getting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Excuse my ignorance, but who makes that?  I'm looking to register an SBR sometime this spring, but I'm still up in the air as to which one I want to do.  Can you tell me who to contact for more info and pricing?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]
That is Bobcat Weapons.  The model is the BW89 pistol.  It goes for around $1,300+.  The Form 1 to make an SBR was $200.  The engraving cost me $20.  The adapter is from www.subcal.com and goes for $120 modded like the one above.  The stock is a POF A3 stock that I found for $225 shipped.  You then have to add the MP5K vertical grip.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That is Bobcat Weapons.  The model is the BW89 pistol.  It goes for around $1,300+.  The Form 1 to make an SBR was $200.  The engraving cost me $20.  The adapter is from www.subcal.com and goes for $120 modded like the one above.  The stock is a POF A3 stock that I found for $225 shipped.  You then have to add the MP5K vertical grip.

Not bad.  So somewhere around a $2000 investment when all is said and done.  Nice!

How is the reliability on these things?  I've never shot anything remotely similar, but have always wanted to!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Its been pretty reliable.  You just have to keep them clean.  They get dirty and tempermental after a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice. You did exactly what I want to do. I just got the paperwork for the batfe to sbr my bobcat also. Did you have to modify the A3 adapter or did it fit right out of the box?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top