BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
As a side note, HKPRO does ban SW discussion topics. Look at:

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=146779&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Check the second and third posts down.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not worth fighting over !
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHY would Vector associate themselves with the biggest known scumbag in the firearms industry??

I can't believe there are still suckers that would pay a dime for anything Toad had anything to do with.  If I paid $1100 for a gun and it didn't run like an Ethiopian chicken right out of the box I'd be pissed beyond belief, and I sure wouldn't be filing on the fucking thing at the behest of the idiot who made it.

Ol' P.T. Barnum must be giggling his decomposing balls off thinking of his spiritual progeny Toad Bailey.

it's simple really Bailey is building the receivers ! until someone drops a small fortune in a die to build receivers most of us have no choice!

I guess I'm one of the suckers who is willing to pay to own one of these ! On hk pro there is a guy buy the handle rext thats very happy with his mp5/40 !
I will find out friday how my mp5.357 sig turns out ! if it's anywhere near as good as my v53  I will be jumping up and down !
Even if I have to send it to IGF It will still be cheaper the converting one !

As I said, if you say anything bad about SW it, raises a red flag on HKPRO. For every good gun SW put out, how many bad ones do you think they made?

I don't think HKPRO or Bailey have anything against a single positive review...

How many positive reviews have you seen about the new guns?

How many negative reviews have you seen?

Exactly...
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHY would Vector associate themselves with the biggest known scumbag in the firearms industry??

I can't believe there are still suckers that would pay a dime for anything Toad had anything to do with.  If I paid $1100 for a gun and it didn't run like an Ethiopian chicken right out of the box I'd be pissed beyond belief, and I sure wouldn't be filing on the fucking thing at the behest of the idiot who made it.

Ol' P.T. Barnum must be giggling his decomposing balls off thinking of his spiritual progeny Toad Bailey.

it's simple really Bailey is building the receivers ! until someone drops a small fortune in a die to build receivers most of us have no choice!

I guess I'm one of the suckers who is willing to pay to own one of these ! On hk pro there is a guy buy the handle rext thats very happy with his mp5/40 !
I will find out friday how my mp5.357 sig turns out ! if it's anywhere near as good as my v53  I will be jumping up and down !
Even if I have to send it to IGF It will still be cheaper the converting one !

You're the kind of guy who buys a Lamborghini kit car to put over a Camaro body, aren't you?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a pretty safe bet to say anything Special Weapons puts out is going to have more than a few clunkers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
You can buy a car like that but you can't buy a decent gun?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
At least you're humble.  Or compensating.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#12]
When I first got it I thought this looks pretty good only bad thing is the mag well is uneven looks normal on one side with the lip and the other side looks like it was trimmed off tin snips, the top part being about 1/8 shorter then the rest. Kinda bugged me but if ran ok and my sear pack would work eventually then it would be worth it.

Took my new 10mm pistol to the range today to bad they don't charge by the minute because it would have been a cheap trip.

Using Remington 180 grain ammo, first five rounds ran fine I remember thinking this is going to be a kick on full auto. Sixth round stove piped, the seven round ejected but the bolt was stuck in the back of the receiver. Pulled the mag out and got a screw driver put a cloth over it and tapped a couple of times to get it to slam home. The next five rounds went from the bolt coming back 3/4 of the way but not ejecting just stopping to it won't come back at all now. It's a single shot fire one round bolt doesn’t move an inch you have to manually pull the charging rod each time to cycle a round.

So I got home and left a message with Vector, and they promptly called me back and had me talk to two techs and told me that if they didn't have any ideas they would send me a RMA to send it back in. The last tech wanted me to remove the bolt hold open device and see if that fixes it. But it's not like I can test fire out the back yard I would spend the rest of the afternoon going out into the sticks or pay 20 bucks again at the range. And frankly if not going to work with the bolt hold open device and a cracked magwell I don't want it.

The SW made for me out German parts has run 100% on semi and with my sear pack and the bolt hold open has worked every time.

And to top it off after I hang up I realize the plastic but cap is cracked.

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I thought it was funny reading the posts on HK54 because everybody seems to be walking on glass, and if they need something from Todd then they feel they need to compliment him first before asking.

LOL....I noticed that to. You have to kiss his ring before you can speak. I was booted from HK54.com for explaining the differences between the Tatical Excellence UMP clone and the Top Notch UMP Clone on this forum. So much for free speach.

On another note, I had put myself on the waiting list with Vector for a 10mm PDW style gun. They called me yesterday.

Bomber
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]
*up*

I saw this coming a mile away...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Thought I'd give everyone a quick update.  Spoke with Todd and he sent me a new ejector and some instructions to try to effectuate a repair on my own.  Then bolt hold open device broke - at which point I contacted Vector and they agreed I should send it back to them.  Sent gun back to Vector with a request that they fix the following problems: (i) gun had 98% failure to eject rate; (ii) bolt hold open device broke; (iii) gun shot about 6" to the left at 15 yards.  Vector paid for shipping, and I still had all the packaging the gun came in.

Vector shot gun and confirmed that it didn't function.  Replaced origingal ejector with ejector Todd sent me.  Gun still didn't function.  Did a bunch of tweaks using other parts they had on hand and were able to get gun running 100%.  They sent gun back to Todd.

Todd replaced ejector, put in new and improved bolt hold open device and took to range.  Gun apparently runs 100% (if you match correct locking piece to ammo).  Took gun to the range and confirmed gun shoot way left.  Pulled fake suppressor.  Will replace sights reinstall suppressor and re-paint.  Gun will be sent back to Vector, who will return it to me.

So, on the plus side Todd and Vector do appear to be putting a lot of effort into making this gun operate 100% and they are standing behind their product.  On the  down side, this gun had a lot of problems and in a perfect world should have never gone out the door in the first place.  Also, I haven't had my gun for the last 2 plus months and probably won't get it back until early February.

Finally, based on some recent threads I've seen, it does seem that these guns have been getting better and that Todd and Vector are working the bugs out.  I got one of the first ones to role off the assembly line.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I talked to Walt the owner of C&T Enterprises in Tucson, AZ about this stuff and he complained that anything made by the Pakastanis aka POF-USA is absolute crap and is probably the reason that this stuff never seems to work with the clones.

On a side note he told HK to shove it last year after he ordered 9k in replacement parts to never have them send them out.  HK is a bunch of assholes when it comes to non government sales.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I'll take my money elsewhere after hearing all these stories.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Blackmagic - to be clear, the Cohaire/Vector guns have zero POF parts.  95% of parts are made  by Special Weapons.  The receiver is made by Cohaire, a company owned by the wife of Todd B., who owns Special Weapons.

As far as POF - we should be so lucky as to be able to get POF parts kits.  They generally have the reputation for being of high quality (although not the equal of original HK parts).  The problem is that POF hasn't  had any parts kits for building of HK94 clones for about a year now.  And yes, you can get a high quality clone if you use POF parts, Special Weapons receiver and a good builder (like Jayson at IGF).

Silesius - It's true I have had some problems with my MP5/10 clone and I do think I had the right to expect better from a brand new $1500 gun.  However, Vector and Special Weapons/Cohaire seem to be making a good faith effort to put things right.

Also, from the posts I've seen, the .40 S&W versions of these guns do seem to be having less reliability problems.  For most people they seem to be working right out of the box.  10mm and .357 versions seem to have been harder to build. (In fact, Cohaire has announced that they've stopped making 10mm and 357 versions and will only be offering 40's going forward.
At least I'll have a pretty rare gun (sounds like less than 100 made).

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Walt knows of 3 different locals that have had problems with POF gas piston ARs right out of the box, and Walt has refused to install or buy POF parts for HKs for the last several years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Blackmagic - Have no experience with POF AR parts.  Do have an HK94 clone built using POF parts and, based on what I've read on various boards, most people seem to feel POF's HK parts are of high quality.  Of course the real problem right now is finding either receivers or parts to build an HK clone.  POF has no parts and doesn't sell receivers.  ORF is supposedly mfg a receiver, but you might want to check out the group buy thread to see what progress they've been making (I'll give you a hint - zero progress in the last 18 months).  If you search around, you can probably find someone willing to sell you a Hesse receiver (they'll be only too happy to find some sucker who is actually willing to pay them real money for one).  That leaves Todd Bailey and Special Weapons who may or may not be willing to sell you parts and a receiver depending on whether he likes you, he wants to tweak ORF or he has a couple of spare ones lying around from a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
The POF Piston Driven AR uppers are made right here in the good 'ole US of A, Arizona to be precise.  Mfg'd by Patriot Ordnance Factory.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top