Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 4:47:04 PM EDT
Anyone have the skinny on HK94/Mp5 mags? Which ones are the best, which ones to run and hide from?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:45:23 AM EDT
I have had very good luck with the 30rd curved factory mags and the 30rd curved P.O.F. mags.

I happen to have 2 brand new, never inserted, date coded factory mags for sale...not trying to turn this into the for sale forum...just trying to help.

E-mail me at jwhoard@houstonengineeringinc.com if interested.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:50:19 PM EDT
Thanks HK Dude...I will email you next payday and see if you have them still.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:58:49 AM EDT
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:47:38 AM EDT
The POF mags are essentially HK mags. They actually look BETTER, IMO. I have both POF and HK 30 round HK95/MP5 mags (and one HK 15 round mag)...and I like the POF made ones more. Just my opinion.

For Gunplumber's opinion, please read here...scroll down a bit to the magazine section, and if so inclined, read the whole thing.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
Excellent Evil ED!
What about the Asian contract or the striaght mags I see...any good?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:50:51 AM EDT
The Asian Contract 40-round mags...well, you seem them advertized as 34-round mags. There's a reason for that; they're not reliable for 40. If you plan on downloading them to 30, then they work ok. I wouldn't bother, personally. I'd get a brick of mags from POF, and go from there, myself. Then again, if you want HK stamped mags...you won't find true HK-stamped mags in the availability that POF-USA has them in.

The straight-stick mags work just fine...FOR BALL AMMO ONLY. HK switched to curved mags because hollow-point was not reliably fed through the stick mags. HK stick mags work fine, just so long as the ammo loaded is ball and ball only.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:39:43 PM EDT
Evil, thanks once again...I got what I needed on info now. POF will do just fine, since I want to shoot it not stare at it in all its glory.
Top Top