Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 4:47:04 PM EDT
Anyone have the skinny on HK94/Mp5 mags? Which ones are the best, which ones to run and hide from?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had very good luck with the 30rd curved factory mags and the 30rd curved P.O.F. mags.

I happen to have 2 brand new, never inserted, date coded factory mags for sale...not trying to turn this into the for sale forum...just trying to help.

E-mail me at [email protected] if interested.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks HK Dude...I will email you next payday and see if you have them still.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The POF mags are essentially HK mags. They actually look BETTER, IMO. I have both POF and HK 30 round HK95/MP5 mags (and one HK 15 round mag)...and I like the POF made ones more. Just my opinion.

For Gunplumber's opinion, please read here...scroll down a bit to the magazine section, and if so inclined, read the whole thing.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent Evil ED!
What about the Asian contract or the striaght mags I see...any good?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The Asian Contract 40-round mags...well, you seem them advertized as 34-round mags. There's a reason for that; they're not reliable for 40. If you plan on downloading them to 30, then they work ok. I wouldn't bother, personally. I'd get a brick of mags from POF, and go from there, myself. Then again, if you want HK stamped mags...you won't find true HK-stamped mags in the availability that POF-USA has them in.

The straight-stick mags work just fine...FOR BALL AMMO ONLY. HK switched to curved mags because hollow-point was not reliably fed through the stick mags. HK stick mags work fine, just so long as the ammo loaded is ball and ball only.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Evil, thanks once again...I got what I needed on info now. POF will do just fine, since I want to shoot it not stare at it in all its glory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top