Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2003 4:39:09 PM EDT
I'm interested in an USC-M3. Who has fired one of these? How did you like it? Pros? Cons? accuracy? Are grease gun mags reliable?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:56:12 PM EDT
I have fired a UCS (didn't have the mag conversion), and it was a very stout, easily controlable weapon that was very fun to shoot.

However, I do believe that HK has discontinued the production of the USC so finding spare parts and such might be a problem if this is true.

HK is opening a plant in GA so you might want to wait and see if they are going to offer any non neutered rifles and carbines after the ban sunsets next year.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:01:05 PM EDT
thats a good idea but I'm not going to be around next year. I've got 6 months
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:17:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wipeout:
However, I do believe that HK has discontinued the production of the USC so finding spare parts and such might be a problem if this is true.

The HK-9X series of rifles have been discontinued for years but parts are still pretty easy (albeit a bit expensive) to get. I doubt the USC will have a problem with spare parts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:52:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt_B:

Originally Posted By Wipeout:

The HK-9X series of rifles have been discontinued for years but parts are still pretty easy (albeit a bit expensive) to get. I doubt the USC will have a problem with spare parts.

The HK-9X rifles were FAR more popular than the USC and SL8 hence they made tons more of those. However, I do believe that in the near future parts will be relativly easy to find and there are even a few people making a few select types of parts for the USC.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:51:42 AM EDT
I own a USC and it's a nice rifle to shoot. I am waiting on the conversion for it so that should make it even better. As far as parts go, mostly everything inside the lower is plastic and I don't know how reliable these things will be but I haven't had any major problems with it. All I can do is wait and see.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:41:02 PM EDT
Can't tell you anything about the USC or the conversion, but M3 Grease Gun mags are extremely robust. I have a Stemple 76/45 subgun that uses them and I've nver had a failure to feed due to a magazine.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:43:07 PM EDT
I used to own a USC. I thought it was ok, but I soon traded it for another AR.

Reliability was not an issue, but I could shoot my Wilson CQB 1911 more accurately at 25 yds than I could with the USC. I have more fun with the AR's, the ammo is cheaper, and I can shoot it at longer distances.

I think it just boils down to what you like, and what you expect it to do.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:00:37 AM EDT
One thing about the grease gun mags is that they are very hard to load especially when they are near full capacity. Special weapons has said if the ban sunsets that they will make another lower to take genuine H&K UMP high cap plastic magazines. And seeing the H&K will be building a plant in Georgia soon, there should be no problem of finding any. There is a website devoted to the USC called USC45.com or something like that. It has all the info on conversions and modifications.
Top Top