Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2003 6:46:48 PM EDT
there are a lot of semi only HK clones out there. But I have never seen one of the mp5sd. Does anyone make one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
there are a lot of semi only HK clones out there. But I have never seen one of the mp5sd. Does anyone make one?

Well, if it was a real silencer off a new MP5 clone you'd first off have a SBR and a silencer, which is no big deal.

But you'd also have a pistol grip, detachable mag, and a silencer/flash hider, which would make it an illegal AW under '94 AWB.

Now, if you just want "the look" on a SBR or a 16 inch MP5 clone RDTS and some other guys make devices you can attach that make it look like a SD, but don't do anything to the flash or sound.
ie: www.rdts.com/HKMP5SDREPLICA.html

If you want a real silencer, you gotta find a preban (thus, an HK94) and then register it as a SBR and register the silencer. RDTS and some other guys also do that.
ie: www.rdts.com/HKMP5SD.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
oooo. I hadnt even thought about the AWB. Since it was gonna be a NFA item it just didnt cross my mind. But I guess the laws still apply.  thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It is also legal to buy a POST BAN gun, add a registered sear and a supressor.  

I was under the impression that the BATFE had ruled that a sound suppressor was a flash suppressor and thus illegal to put on a post-ban gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#5]
edit because im wrong again. oops.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is also legal to buy a POST BAN gun, add a registered sear and a supressor.  

I was under the impression that the BATFE had ruled that a sound suppressor was a flash suppressor and thus illegal to put on a post-ban gun.

Mickey is saying it's legal to do to a postban gun if you have a registered full auto sear in your postban. Once the gun is full-auto it can't be a "semiautomatic" assault weapon and you can do as you damn well please.

I didn't mention it since kickmyllama was asking about "semi automatic" clones.

A fair number of guys with Full auto sears buy clones to run full auto, rather then wear out a HK gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top