Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:46:48 PM EDT
there are a lot of semi only HK clones out there. But I have never seen one of the mp5sd. Does anyone make one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:04:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kickmyllama:
there are a lot of semi only HK clones out there. But I have never seen one of the mp5sd. Does anyone make one?

Well, if it was a real silencer off a new MP5 clone you'd first off have a SBR and a silencer, which is no big deal.

But you'd also have a pistol grip, detachable mag, and a silencer/flash hider, which would make it an illegal AW under '94 AWB.

Now, if you just want "the look" on a SBR or a 16 inch MP5 clone RDTS and some other guys make devices you can attach that make it look like a SD, but don't do anything to the flash or sound.
ie: www.rdts.com/HKMP5SDREPLICA.html

If you want a real silencer, you gotta find a preban (thus, an HK94) and then register it as a SBR and register the silencer. RDTS and some other guys also do that.
ie: www.rdts.com/HKMP5SD.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:27:33 PM EDT
oooo. I hadnt even thought about the AWB. Since it was gonna be a NFA item it just didnt cross my mind. But I guess the laws still apply. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:38:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:42:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MickeyMouse:
It is also legal to buy a POST BAN gun, add a registered sear and a supressor.

I was under the impression that the BATFE had ruled that a sound suppressor was a flash suppressor and thus illegal to put on a post-ban gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:59:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 1:41:51 PM EDT by kickmyllama]
edit because im wrong again. oops.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 1:23:24 PM EDT by Spade]

Originally Posted By pazzo:

Originally Posted By MickeyMouse:
It is also legal to buy a POST BAN gun, add a registered sear and a supressor.

I was under the impression that the BATFE had ruled that a sound suppressor was a flash suppressor and thus illegal to put on a post-ban gun.

Mickey is saying it's legal to do to a postban gun if you have a registered full auto sear in your postban. Once the gun is full-auto it can't be a "semiautomatic" assault weapon and you can do as you damn well please.

I didn't mention it since kickmyllama was asking about "semi automatic" clones.

A fair number of guys with Full auto sears buy clones to run full auto, rather then wear out a HK gun.
Top Top