Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 4:38:43 PM EDT
I am contemplating the purchase of an HK91 clone from this company. Does anyone have one of these or do you know anyone who does. I need to know about fit and finish and the reliability.
Thanks in advance.
Ken
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same question about five down and still havent recieved an answer?  From what I can find their AK are first class but I dont know about the HK.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have dealt with Todd at Ohio Rapi-Fire and have got nothing but great sevice!I have asked alot of questions through e-mail with him and he has replied to all my questions very quickly.There service and quality has really gone up in the last year or so.They have had some problems with there clones but have definetly worked them out.As with all production runs you will have some glitches to work out.The clones that they are doing right now are flawless and they all Run fine.If you purchase a 91 clone from him you will not have any problems with it.They test fire for function and they come with a factory warranty.I just purchased a 1919A4 from him this week and I'm very picky when it comes to quality so rest assure that you will be satisfied with your clone.You can read more about Rapid Fire on HK-54.com.Hope this helps
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Their AKs are top notch, I have one.  Their FALs and 1919s are reported to be superb as well.  I have no reason to believe their ARs or HKs would be any less.  Also, Todd and Mike stand ready to answer all questions and they offer a one year warranty.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
CDNN has Rapid fire 1919s for $1100-1200 right now.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
They appear to be using Century receivers:

Yeah we probably went a little too far with these, but hey, what the hell.  Our 53 and 33 copies originate from Hk Malaysian contract parts.  We use Century Arms C91 receivers, and Century Arms H91 guns to complete our builds.  You may ask "why not use a nice receiver like a FMP?"   Well, as much work as there is involved, cutting, shaping, and completely redoing and designing the entire receiver, why not fix a Century???.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they use Century receivers for their HKs... but they have been completely reworked to make sure they function properly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a good deal,  This will be my one special purpose this year. HK 93 here we come.  

BTW: Where can I get 25rd steel mags????
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, they use Century receivers for their HKs... but they have been completely reworked to make sure they function properly.

Oh no no no!

From Todd at ORF:

I stopped using the Century receivers a couple months ago.  I use the SW/FMP
ones now.  We can always build on supplied parts too.

Thanks  Todd

I'm assuming this to be a good thing?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Its a good thing in terms of resale value... wonder if the price just went up as a result.  I know they increased the price of their FALs by $50 because they switched from Century furniture to Penguin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy from Todd at ORF for the service alone.  I bought an HK94 from him and he did the following for me:

1. extended their sale three days past the end date for me because I didn't find out about it in time.

2. swapped out several "stock" parts and added upgrades (straight grip and paddle release, 16" barrel instead of 10" w/permanent supressor) even though this was not part of the sale terms.

3.  Returned my emails within usually two or three hours with all my (dumb) questions!

4.  Stood behind his warranty 100%.  Approximately once per magazine I was getting a failure to eject.  It turned out the Special Weapons ejector was not heat treated and had mashed itself out of spec, so he sent me an acutal HK one for no charge and now things work great!

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the baked on Gunkote like?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys, I have heard rumors that Todd is suing RF for using his receivers and remarking them.  Is this true?  I ahve only heard good things about RF, so its a little puzzling.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I have heard rumors that Todd is suing RF for using his receivers and remarking them.

It's possible Todd would sue the guy if the guns look similar. After all, he's suing people who posted bad reviews of his firearms.

I've yet to hear a bad thing about Rapid Fire. The 1919 guys seem to really like him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
ORF said they were using Century receivers... are Century receivers SW receivers?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#16]
He told me he used to use Century receivers for his 53 rifles.....he now use the SW53 (V53) receivers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is it that a lot of guys that work in the gun industry are named Todd?  It causes too much confusion!

Todd is having a fit over Todd using his receivers and cutting the SW53 out. Its kind of entertaining.  Hk54.com
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
ORF said they were using Century receivers... are Century receivers SW receivers?

They WERE using Century.  Stopped, and started using FMP-style receivers built by SW (or so I understand it to be).
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered a 53 clone from Todd and Rapid Fire yesterday. He said all new 53s are built using Vector (special weapons made) receivers. I don't know what they use on the other models. He said they are marked Vector. His name is added.

I had to order from the guy....I bet I e-mailed 30 different questions and bugged him for a whole damn week before I finally decided to go for it. He seems like one hell of a guy. I hope the gun is as good of quality as the builder is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top