Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 10:19:18 AM EDT
at a recent gunshow in Pittsburgh, I was told by a dealer that says he was an hecklerkoch armorers course grad. that it wasn't all that difficult, but the magazines are hard to come by. would this be worth it for the extra 1/25th of an inch bullet diameter it would give?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be worth it for a sear gun, but for a semi or SBR it would be a waste of money IMHO.

Assuming genuine HK parts: (I'm not going to give how to project for SWs, since I'm morally opposed)

HK94 $3000-3300
Post sample MP5/.40 to demill for the parts $1500
This would be the way to go, since finding the parts separately wouldn't be any cheaper.

Now the tricky part, finding a competant gunsmith.  I wouldn't trust just anyone who took an HK armourers course.  This is major work for someone like Terry Dyer or Murray Urbach.

Expect to pay $1500-2000 (rough estimate) for the services.

$6000-6800 total for a very unique semi auto, + a bit more if you aren't going to SBR it, since you'd need a fake can or other bbl extention permanently attached.

Yeah, it would be cool and pretty unique (I've only seen a couple floating around), and if you had a registered sear, than it might be worth it.  But for a semi, too much $$$ for my tastes.

Preban .40 mags are hard to come by, expect to pay $125-150 each.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, hkocher
no way that the weapon would be worth it.
no way the "cool factor" at the range would
justify that expense, short of a powerball win.
if only someone would come up with a faux supressor (not that ridiculous plastic piece of sh** SD can) over a 16" barrel, and a non - retracting A3 stock or reasonable facimisle thereof, and a Sw5 that actually chambers 9mm rounds
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it would be a great project if I won the lotto.

In case you still have some interest.

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=30300

We have a number of HK MP5/40s that will be traded in from a department with
the stipulation that they will be cut up and used for parts. These are complete guns with 4 position burst groups, new style extractors and A2 stocks.
The guns have ambi slings and Pre-Ban mags. We will de-mill the guns properly
so that they can be used as donor guns for those who would like to make a
transferable MP5/40 sear gun. The department wants 1200 for each gun with
sling, and 2 mags. I am taking CC deposits and orders at this time. If interested, call only, toll free at (888)675-7647. There are only 10 guns so
they will go quickly. Thanks.

From Larry Wolff, he's a great guy in the HK world, and this is a great price, especially with two preban mags...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
There's a guy on HKPro doing this now.

I can't find the thread though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's a guy on HKPro doing this now.

I can't find the thread though.

Yeah, so he says...

If it's the same guy I've spoken with, he offered the gun for sale, I was interested so I emailed him about it.

Turns out, he was trying to sell the gun but he hadn't even secured any of the parts, not even the receiver!  He hadn't even gotten a quote from any gunsmiths yet.

So basically, he wanted to get paid for the idea (which HK originally came up with, and several have duplicated) and not even doing any of the footwork.  And here's the best part, he told me that he already had 'bids' from interested C3 dealers, and that I would have to bid higher in order to have a chance at 'his' imaginary gun!  BTW, the 'bids' were extremely high.  But of course, why would a C3 dealer bid on this gun, when they could buy a post sample for $1200???

I was pissed because he wasted my time, so I did a search on his username, and discovered he wasn't even old enough to legally own the thing.

Sometimes I wish the internet had an age limit...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm the one he got the gun from, I cut the thing Friday and shipped it off to him last Monday. Yes the kids a nut, But he pays, and thats all that matters.

larryg36

area51 guns/the arms room
pahrump, nv 89048
775-751-2254 pst
ffl/sot2

heres hkjay holding it at the last vegas show

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm the one he got the gun from, I cut the thing Friday and shipped it off to him last Monday. Yes the kids a nut, But he pays, and thats all that matters.

larryg36

Larry, well that's good to hear, for you.

As far as I'm concerned, I just steer clear from his posts.  I just don't enjoy being taken on a wild goose chase.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
at a recent gunshow in Pittsburgh, I was told by a dealer that says he was an hecklerkoch armorers course grad. that it wasn't all that difficult, but the magazines are hard to come by. would this be worth it for the extra 1/25th of an inch bullet diameter it would give?

No
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top