User Panel

Great magazines (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trails-end] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By turbomunkey:

So I have purchased four of these. I should leave them as is? Can I at least clean them? I just want some fkin mags for my DS s/n FAL I bought a while ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:

Uhhh- those would be Rhodesian surplus mags with that paint.  Congrats on taking them and cutting the value in half by refurbishing them!  Ouch...  

Sarco has had some serious Rhodesian FAL parts at times that they just sell off as random FAL parts.  I have some lower assemblies from Sarco with the paint and African dirt that are worth a fair amount if I pieced them out...The last thing I would do would be to strip them down and repaint them!  

So I have purchased four of these. I should leave them as is? Can I at least clean them? I just want some fkin mags for my DS s/n FAL I bought a while ago.

If you are a collector, keep them pristine.  If you are a user, do what you want with them.

I have 2 FALs and about 100 clips.   I don't know what series rifles I have or where the mags came from.  My weapons are for my family's enjoyment and protection.  That is how I value them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

If you are a collector, keep them pristine.  If you are a user, do what you want with them.

I have 2 FALs and about 100 clips.   I don't know what series rifles I have or where the mags came from.  My weapons are for my family's enjoyment and protection.  That is how I value them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:

Uhhh- those would be Rhodesian surplus mags with that paint.  Congrats on taking them and cutting the value in half by refurbishing them!  Ouch...  

Sarco has had some serious Rhodesian FAL parts at times that they just sell off as random FAL parts.  I have some lower assemblies from Sarco with the paint and African dirt that are worth a fair amount if I pieced them out...The last thing I would do would be to strip them down and repaint them!  

I see both points. As a person who is into history,  I have kept some of the better painted magazines just because. But for the rest of them that have very little paint on them there's no reason to leave them as is. Plus the ones that had very little paint on them also had some surface rust. Hence why I put them in evapo-rust.

There are so very few FAL magazines on the market... take what you can get and do with what you want.

With as many FAL rifles that there are out there I don't understand why somebody does not get into making good quality metal magazines again. They would sell them there's no doubt about that
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

I like where your head is at
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dog1:  With as many FAL rifles that there are out there I don't understand why somebody does not get into making good quality metal magazines again. They would sell them there's no doubt about that
View Quote

Are these not good quality?

https://www.dsarms.com/p-13512-dsa-fal-sa58-us-made-metric-pattern-magazine-20-round.aspx
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

https://www.dsarms.com/p-13512-dsa-fal-sa58-us-made-metric-pattern-magazine-20-round.aspx
View Quote

I have never used them. They have never been stock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have intel on FAL mags? OOS everywhere
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

DSA steel mags (20 rd capacity) have had a lot of reported problems.  Their 30 & 25 round mags (?) apparently haven’t had the same reported issues, for whatever reason.  I have not tried any other their mags personally, just read about other people’s experiences.  I have Israeli, Austrian, Imbel, and a few Moses mags.  

On the Rhodesian mags, I would trade them off on the falfiles or elsewhere to get mags that are in better shape overall, and don’t have a historical value to some folks.  I can’t see a beater Imbel mag not being in better shape, and also not being worth as much to someone.  The Imbel will likely work better also too.  

Once you strip the paint off, their provenance is gone.  Saying this as someone who has no problem using and shooting collectible AR stuff all the time myself.

If someone has a few with decent paint left I would swap for a few Imbel mags.  

So glad I stocked up when the mags were cheap.  Especially with the dems going after them (again, right now, in my state).  At the rate I am wearing mine out they will only last me a couple hundred more years!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BlackArrow:
Anyone have intel on FAL mags? OOS everywhere
View Quote
I'm about to put a bunch of mags up for sale.  Unissued Israeli, and a bunch of refinished Sarco surplus mags include a set of 6 in DSA green, the rest are black.  Then I have some older mags to put up too.   I'll probably do groups on GunBroker because they are paying insane prices.  I also have a couple of DSA Thermolds up for sale, one unused, one used.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rio762] [#9]
I just received a couple of the DSA polymer FAL mags, today.

I've read a number of reviews on these and had my doubts.  However, I am pleasantly surprised.  They lock into my rifle.  Snug, but not at all too tight.  No filing required.  They are as stout as Magpul AR mags and don't seem any more likely to "spread".

No, I haven't been to the range, but I anticipate that these mags will be OK. (I'll post) They look fine, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
I'm about to put a bunch of mags up for sale.  Unissued Israeli, and a bunch of refinished Sarco surplus mags include a set of 6 in DSA green, the rest are black.  Then I have some older mags to put up too.   I'll probably do groups on GunBroker because they are paying insane prices.  I also have a couple of DSA Thermolds up for sale, one unused, one used.
View Quote

@AK_Mike if you haven't sold 'em already, hit me up. I may take a couple off your hands
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eddster:

@AK_Mike if you haven't sold 'em already, hit me up. I may take a couple off your hands
View Quote
I'm about to get off my ass and start selling the mags.

BTW I am always interested in aluminum para mags if anyone wants to part with one or more
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]

BTW I am always interested in aluminum para mags if anyone wants to part with one or more
View All Quotes

Shoot me an IM when you decide to sell em. I'm sure we can work out something
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I miss the $5 Styre mag days...
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:04:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPolska] [#14]
NM...
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tango:
I miss the $5 Styre mag days...
View Quote

I got those for half price and they were NOS in cosmoline from DSA. Bought NOS Belgian made for the G1 contract mag, 10 to a box from tapco many moons ago super cheap too as well as NOS parts. Those days are gone.

What killed the FAL mags was rra, keltec etc. making rifles that used FAL mags. Bastards
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Are there Mag rebuild kits out there? And does anyone make anti tilt followers? Or are they not needed
View Quote

not needed
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Truchas:

I got those for half price and they were NOS in cosmoline from DSA. Bought NOS Belgian made for the G1 contract mag, 10 to a box from tapco many moons ago super cheap too as well as NOS parts. Those days are gone.

What killed the FAL mags was rra, keltec etc. making rifles that used FAL mags. Bastards
View Quote

I love having FAL mags for my RFB. Its very nice (there arent enough RFBs to say they have cut into the supply THAT much)
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#18]
Originally Posted By Odinforever2000:

I love having FAL mags for my RFB. Its very nice (there arent enough RFBs to say they have cut into the supply THAT much)
View Quote

4 or 5 years ago I cut into my FAL mag stash to get rid of a bunch of them. I had a shit load of Knob Creek MG Shoot $2 Steyr mags. DSA had a huge crate of them you could hand select from. I bought a bunch 2 or 3 shoots in a row. A user here with an RFB bought 20 of them.

I still have a shit load of them for my 3 FAL's. I have a box of 40 of them I individual wrapped in VCI paper down in the basement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

4 or 5 years ago I cut into my FAL mag stash to get rid of a bunch of them. I had a shit load of Knob Creek MG Shoot $2 Steyr mags. DSA had a huge crate of them you could hand select from. I bought a bunch 2 or 3 shoots in a row. A user here with an RFB bought 20 of them.

I still have a shit load of them for my 3 FAL's. I have a box of 40 of them I individual wrapped in VCI paper down in the basement.
View Quote

@50cal if you ever decide to sell off a few, you got a potential buyer right here!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]

@50cal if you ever decide to sell off a few, you got a potential buyer right here!
View Quote

With the way FAL mag prices are going, I may sell some soon. I even have 7 or 8 aluminum mags. They are in extremely good condition.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#21]

With the way FAL mag prices are going, I may sell some soon. I even have 7 or 8 aluminum mags. They are in extremely good condition.
View Quote

Shoot me an IM sometime then when you decide to sell. I need a few  extra mags for my LAR-8.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I have about 40 for each rifle.  I don't plan to sell any.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#23]
What are like new Austrian mags going for?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CJFirefly:
What are like new Austrian mags going for?
View Quote

If you could find some for sale I’d say $30. - $40. each, maybe more, they are rare. You might find some in the FALfiles marketplace but it may take awhile.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#25]
The unissued or excellent condition aluminum magazines are usually better than the heavily used steel magazines.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#26]
ITS NOT A PLATFORM!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bodybagger] [#27]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
MagPul would make a killing if they would introduce their FAL mags.

View Quote

This is a tech forum, not GD. You are free do disagree and say you don't like something but do it in a polite and articulate manner.- bodybagger
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By VK2XXM:
ITS NOT A PLATFORM!
View Quote

The FAL?  Sure it's a platform.  Produced in multiple countries, as a rifle, pistol, & LMG, multiple calibers, several upgrade paths.  It's not the best .308 platform, tho...  
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#29]

magpul=SHIT.
View Quote

You're gonna get along great here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#30]

The FAL?  Sure it's a platform.  Produced in multiple countries, as a rifle, pistol, & LMG, multiple calibers, several upgrade paths.  It's not the best .308 platform, tho...  
View All Quotes
ITS NOT A PLATFORM!

Produced in many countries as a RIFLE,not a pistol, LMG not multipul calibers 7.62 and only IMBLE made a limited run in 5.56 during the mid 80s.Go over to FAL files and call it a "platform" LOL
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bodybagger] [#31]
See warning above-bodybagger
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Why? because I dont suck magpuls cock?Gizzle triggers also suck for the record.No way would I let that shit get near my Colt M-16.
View Quote

Post pics!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
ITS NOT A PLATFORM!

This is a thread about clips.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#34]

magpul=SHIT.
View Quote

did they just

lose a customer

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Great magazines (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top