Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 11:42:08 PM EDT
This receiver was ordered direct from DS Arms May 2, 2017 and delivered to the FFL on May 12, 2017. The delivery was delayed because of an administrative error at DS Arms, but once rectified, the delivery was swift. It appears to be a cast receiver.

Hand timed barrels:
Argentine Non Bipod Cut barrel

Argentine Bipod cut barrel

IMBEL Non Bipod cut barrel

Austrian StG58 (StLf3)

StG58 barrel shoulder trimmed on the lathe

Proper hand time achieved

Barrel torqued to TDC. Locking shoulder size needed is .257. All of mine are larger, so I will set my smallest in the mill and cut it to size this week end.  
 I test fit all of the other components and everything fit and functioned properly. So far, I am pleased with this receiver.
More pics and range report if interest warrants. 

ETA: I just realized that the 3rd and 4th pics are actually barrels timed to an IMBEL receiver stub. The information is still relevant because each barrel timed on the stub exactly as it had on the DS Arms receiver. If Photobucket were not such a pain in the anus to use, I would switch the pics. I'll add the proper pics when I update the thread with the pics of the refinish and final assembly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for this!!  

Ive had an old STG58 kit for years that i have been meaning to assemble, any pics are certainly appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
is this a recent production receiver? Sorry if I missed it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is this a recent production receiver? Sorry if I missed it.
View Quote
It is a recent purchase direct from DS Arms. I ordered it May 2, 2017 and it arrived at the FFL May 12. It appears to be a cast receiver with a DSA prefix in the serial number. I see that I neglected to include that information in my sparsely worded review. 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought DS Arms FAL receivers were forged, when did they switch to cast?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top