Link Posted: 1/10/2012 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need a beta tester?

Beta than what?

Thanks for the offer but we are done with the testing and now have these scopes in stock ready for sale.

Ed Verdugo
grscinc.com

Whats list price looking like? Scope weight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
What are the rings you are using for that setup?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
You have my attention...

When (not if) I have the $$ for a FAL, this will definitely be on my short-list of optics to put on it.

More details, please? I checked the GRSC website (and the Norden Precision website, too) and I wasn't able to find out much about the reticule calibration etc.

EDIT: Downloaded the manual off the Norden site and actually looked through it.

Still, details on just how well the 18" FAL with 147gr. surplus did, using the M4-62 reticle? That is, how close was it to POA/POI? Any hold-over or -under needed? Inquiring minds (potential future customer) and all that...
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have my attention...

When (not if) I have the $$ for a FAL, this will definitely be on my short-list of optics to put on it.

More details, please? I checked the GRSC website (and the Norden Precision website, too) and I wasn't able to find out much about the reticule calibration etc.

EDIT: Downloaded the manual off the Norden site and actually looked through it.

Still, details on just how well the 18" FAL with 147gr. surplus did, using the M4-62 reticle? That is, how close was it to POA/POI? Any hold-over or -under needed? Inquiring minds (potential future customer) and all that...

Did you watch the videos?

Ed

Sorry, Ed. Turns out I'm an idiot. ()

First time, right before I posted that, I had to do so without sound (not a "permissive environment", so to speak)

Neglected to come back and edit again once I'd had a chance to go through it again.

Looks like, from the discussion in the vid, that the holdovers are pretty similar, which was about 80% of my question.

I suppose I was remembering the discussion back in the AR forum about the POA/POI differences for different model ACOGs and such, and wondering if you had information like that on hand.

Guess next time I should either not post until I've made sure, or at least remember to go back and edit once I do make sure.

Thanks for the vids, and the scope, BTW. Still on my shortlist for both my AR and my future FAL.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Nowhere on your site can I find a country of origin for your scopes?

Are they American made?

Sorry to have to ask but I refuse to give the Chinese another nickle.

PAY A LITTLE MORE AND BUY AMERICAN MADE GLASS!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nowhere on your site can I find a country of origin for your scopes?

Are they American made?

Sorry to have to ask but I refuse to give the Chinese another nickle.

IIRC their 1-4x is made in Korea, and the 1-6 in Japan.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can I find stats (length, weight, eye relief, exit pupil, etc.) on this scope, when will it be available for purchase, and how much will it cost?
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 2:13:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Where can I find stats (length, weight, eye relief, exit pupil, etc.) on this scope, when will it be available for purchase, and how much will it cost?

Norden Performance.

As a disclaimer, I have no connection to anyone else in this thread.

I'm just an interested prospective buyer.

ETA: I wasn't able to find anything on what the adjustment values are in zeroing (click values). Don't remember seeing it in the videos either, but I could just be remembering wrong.
Anyone have more info on that particular point?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Got out to the range a couple days ago, and was able to use the 1-6x CRS as a OEG. Under certain conditions this may prove to be a advantage over using the scope in a conventional manner. Its just another tool in your tool box.

Enjoy

Ed Verdugo

GRSC Inc.

OEG demov1

OEG demov2

OEG demov3

which conditions? I'm just not understanding the point of this exercise is all. Please educate me.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got out to the range a couple days ago, and was able to use the 1-6x CRS as a OEG. Under certain conditions this may prove to be a advantage over using the scope in a conventional manner. Its just another tool in your tool box.
Enjoy
Ed Verdugo
GRSC Inc.

OEG demov1
OEG demov2
OEG demov3

which conditions? I'm just not understanding the point of this exercise is all. Please educate me.

It allows you to use a magnified optic as a pseudo-red dot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occluded_eye_gunsight
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#17]
again I'm not tracking. At 1 power it can still be used as a red dot from my experiences with both eyes open and lens cover off. What am I missing?

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
again I'm not tracking. At 1 power it can still be used as a red dot from my experiences with both eyes open and lens cover off. What am I missing?  

My experience with OEG is with fixed mag glass like ACOGs.  Your point is valid on a 1-4.  Perhaps it was just a proof of concept that it could be done?
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#19]
ok. I was just curious. Like stated above, I have a similar optic and I run just the same on 1 power but with the lens cap open. I guess I just didn't understand what I was missing by closing the cap. I've been a shooter for almost 20 years and am just now getting into optics so I have a lot to learn. Sorry for the derail...

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ok. I was just curious. Like stated above, I have a similar optic and I run just the same on 1 power but with the lens cap open. I guess I just didn't understand what I was missing by closing the cap. I've been a shooter for almost 20 years and am just now getting into optics so I have a lot to learn. Sorry for the derail...  

Well, it works well with ACOGs, but you have to have a lens cap on so that you're not looking through the magnification.  So if you're a troop clearing a building and all you have is an ACOG with no red dot, you can put your lens cap on, shoot with both eyes open (like you're supposed to anyways), strong side eye sees the chevron/reticle in black, weak side eye sees target/world and super imposes the strong side image over weak side vision, and now your 4x glass works better at bedroom distances.

As for variable scopes, I know the few I've tried aren't true 1x, they're more like 1.25-1.5x, and it's disconcerting when trying to make a CQB shot.  

*shrug*
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Well, it works well with ACOGs, but you have to have a lens cap on so that you're not looking through the magnification.  So if you're a troop clearing a building and all you have is an ACOG with no red dot, you can put your lens cap on, shoot with both eyes open (like you're supposed to anyways), strong side eye sees the chevron/reticle in black, weak side eye sees target/world and super imposes the strong side image over weak side vision, and now your 4x glass works better at bedroom distances.

As for variable scopes, I know the few I've tried aren't true 1x, they're more like 1.25-1.5x, and it's disconcerting when trying to make a CQB shot.  

*shrug*

This I have noticed, and your explanation makes complete sense now. On a fixed power this would be a great feature indeed. Thank you.

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How it seemed to me in the various videos is that under very sunny/bright conditions, the illumination might not be bright enough to be quickly/easily visible against the background. That being the case, there might be an advantage in occluding the objective lens, so that the sighting eye sees the lit reticule against a dark background for better contrast, and the other eye sees the target, then the brain can combine a well-lit target with a high-contrast illuminated reticle.

But I'm just a schmuck on the Web, making guesses And this is just my own theory.

FWIW, a college buddy and I did that with his TA33 ACOG at a local 3-gun match, too. His had the amber illumination, which didn't always stand out real well, so we OEG'd it with a Butler Creek (or similar, though I don't remember if that was the exact brand) objective lens cover. Worked fine that way! (at least at closer ranges––we didn't use it that way on the 200m stage)
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top