Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/5/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
Does anyone make a polymer or similar cheek piece for the rear stock of an FAL?
I don't like the nylon velcro-on type, but haven't had much luck finding another.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:59:09 PM EDT
I improvised a cheek rest from a Choate stock, it's attached with a screw. This is the X-Series style.

www.riflestock.com/

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:27:38 PM EDT
That's the look I want.
What did you use for that? I don't see a cheek piece listed as a seperate item on Choate's page.
Did you have to butcher an entire stock to get the cheek piece.

I am really surprised no one makes something like this, given the popularity of the FAL right now.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:58:45 PM EDT
I called them a purchased just the cheek rest, don't recall the exact price but it was under $20.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:34:41 PM EDT
Ok, great. I will call them. Looks like you're the only person that has done this.
How exactly did you attach it? Just one screw? What kind of screw?
I am going to attach it to a FAL stock which has been modified to fit an M-11, which
is no longer made. So, if I screw up the stock, I am really screwed. It makes me feel
much better knowing someone has done it before. I like the screw idea too, so I could
return the stock to normal if desired in the future.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:50:31 PM EDT
I was thinking about modifying this one from Karsten's custom camo-
http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/albums/custom/Mvc_030s.jpg

It's just 1/4" kydex, but I think some holes will need to be drilled to work like it does on the m1a.
Here's how it looks on the rifle-
http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/albums/custom/P1160033.sized.jpg
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:13:53 PM EDT
It's one screw into the stock, however you must trim the screw so it doesn't penetrate the recoil spring tube that is running thru the stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:18:45 PM EDT
An StG58 stock may be just the ticket.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:53:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:17:17 PM EDT
No measurments yet, I was thinking of just mounting it above or below the recoil spring tube and then just take advantage of all the adjustability it has.

I hadn't thought of putting something from the inside out, I'll have to keep that in mind if my idea doesn't work.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:36:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmdCtzn:
I am really surprised no one makes something like this, given the popularity of the FAL right now.

Hopefully one of these days, DSA will start selling their adjustable stock. I was checking it out at the Shot Show.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:05:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shawnr1:

Originally Posted By ArmdCtzn:

Hopefully one of these days, DSA will start selling their adjustable stock. I was checking it out at the Shot Show.

Didn't know they had one, what does it look like? Any pics?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:36:15 AM EDT
Top Top