Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 12:34:18 PM EDT
O.K. guys heres your chance to help out. Im looking to buy mt first FAL. Anyone with experience with Enterprise FALs speak up. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Why exactly, wouldnt you recommend them?.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Really depends on when the reciever was made.  

I ordered a Type 3, no carry handel cut, a couple of months back.

It assenbled and bench tested with no problems, however, when I attempted to shoot it for the 1st time, the bolt wouldn't go into battery with a magizine loaded.

I had several other FALs with me, so I tried a a little bush engineering.  All I did was swap one bolt and carrier from another rifle and tested h/s and function.  Both tested fine and shot fine.

If you go to the FAL files, http://falfiles.com/forums you will be able to find some good info.  Bone up on some of the things to look for then go back to the seller.  Also check up on "unibrow" feed ramps.

A lot will depend on who did the build, Enterprise, gunsmith or home.  Ask the seller if you can shoot the rifle if possible.

Over all, I'm pleased with mine.

Welcome to the addiction!  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Run away as fast as you can!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I havent made up my mind yet, Im still researching various brands. I do plan on buying a complete rifle so i will have a warranty. any info will be appreciated. The DSA seem a little pricey.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had two EA receivers.  One a very early (pre-94) inch pattern that became a stunning L1A1. Flawless performer and quite accurate.  My second one is a metric type three I bought in the late 90's and built on an StG-58 kit.  Also very accurate and stone-cold reliable.  Maybe I'm lucky, maybe there's just a lot of urban mythology out there, like with many makers.  Who knows, really?  Would I gt another EA receiver? Yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I am new to FAL-type rifles, but have a lot of firearms experience.  I don't work for DSA, nor do I have any connection with them other than as a customer... having said that, the DSA rifle is definitely a case of "you get what you pay for".

I own a DSA Para Congo custom.  It is without a doubt the finest firearm in my collection.  It shoots like a dream, it's accurate, reliable and easy to maintain.

The quality and pride in craftsmanship in this rifle is amazing.  The machine work on every component is flawless, the finish is perfect, and the integration of each part into the whole rifle is better than anything on my Colt, Bushmaster or Benelli.

Yes, it was pricey... but it was worth every penny.  This is a rifle that I can trust, and one that I will be able to pass along from generation to generation.

A rifle is a tool, and I think the same lesson applies when you purchase one... buy the best you can find and the tool will last a lifetime.  Buy on the cheap, and you'll end up with nothing but frustration and end up spending more in the long run.

Quoted:
Thanks guys, I havent made up my mind yet, Im still researching various brands. I do plan on buying a complete rifle so i will have a warranty. any info will be appreciated. The DSA seem a little pricey.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Entreprise STG58C here, accurate rifle but wouldnt function properly due to a low ejector block.   I called Entreprise and they accurately diagnosed what caused it based on my description of the malfunction.   I guess it's not the first one they dicked up.  

Instead of sending it to them I welded up the mag catch a bit to hold the rear of the mag higher and it runs fine now.    Entreprise should have built it right in the first place.   AND they guy who traded me a running AR for it should have been honest about it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top