Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
Has anyone ordered a Trilux scope from DSA? Are they of good quality? Anyone have any problems with these items?

I'm really just looking at some lower(er) powered scope options for my para. Right now I'm debating between the Trilux, ACOG TA01B, IOR QR-TS, and the Leupold Mk4 CQ/T. I like the Trilux because of 1) the price, and 2) it was specifically designed for the FAL.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
JZ
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2006 7:16:10 PM EDT by bobfried]
If you have a chance compare a Trilux side by side with any Acog and the choice should be crystal clear (pun intended.)

The SUIT might have been made for an FAL but it doesn't offer ergonimic advantages over anything else. And since it doesn't have any actual advantages when it comes to fit and use it really does not have any other merit. Optical quality is so so, I would say on par with a $40 Bushnell scope with a scratched up front element. If the SUIT was $40 I'd buy one for shit and giggles, at around $300 almost any other low powered scope is better.

The only two reasons I can think of are:

1) Nostalgia
2) There were no other scope mounting option beside the STANAG (which is obsolete since so many top cover rails systems are out there.)

You get better glass from almost any modern scope compared to a SUIT and much more clarity, especially the ACOG's. You get more mounting options especially with traditional scopes since you have infinite choices in ring heights and front rear travel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:47:04 PM EDT
I'm particularly interested in the IOR 3x QR-TS. Does anyone have any experience with this scope? I hear great things about the M-Series scopes from IOR. Is the QR-TS drop calibrated for 5.56 or 7.62mm?

-JZ
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:01:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 12:03:04 PM EDT by GummyBear1]
I bought mine from here: http://www.amerisurp.net/scopes_trilux.htm

It was in like new condition and it works great.

And yes, I'm nostalgic...
Top Top