BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 8:54:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Finally getting around to the STG 58 project. It was originally going to become an SBR. I had a wild idea tonight.

After gong to the range today, I want to build a 7.62 semi auto precision rifle. I see way too many AR10's, SR25's, M1A's on the range. Never been one to follow the crowd I want to use an FAL. Being fairly new to the STG I thought I'd ask if it is feasible or am I just spining my wheels.

I already have an "Austrian" DSA STG 58 that will routinely shoot 2 1/4" groups for the base of this project.

Off the top of my head this is what I'm thinking:

rebarrel, it will be a target crowned, stainless steel, medium heavy contour, fluted 20" -  22" (.989 diameter to fit under the DSA railed forend)

Clean up and lighten trigger to 2 3/4 - 3 lbs

Are there any other areas I need to consider? Gas system? The bolts looks like it would lock up as well as an AR or M1A.  

I'm not expecting a 1/4 or 1/2 moa like the bolt guns. All I want is about a 1 moa rifle that will run with modified the AR's and M1A's.

Any recommendations or prior expierence would be appreciated.

Joe

I shoot 1" all day with my FALs.

Two of My FALs are hands down more accurate than any standard M1A.

DSA upper receivers with DSA medium contour barrels. Chromeoly, not chromelined.
Black Hills and Winchester ballistic silver tip.

It takes very little to make a FAL shoot 1" at 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top