Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 7:19:54 PM EDT
Hello all,

I was out rezeroing my Trilux scope today. I guess I had about 25-30 rounds through the gun. My mount had been wobbley in the past. I read about some people putting epoxy down the sides of the mount - I tried this trick with gorilla glue.

Out of the blue, the top piece of the mount sheer off the gun and the scope falls in my lap (top part being where the scope attaches - it is held to the rest of the dustcover by two rivets). It looked like someone took a saw to the rivets when I inspected it.

I'd like to keep the gun as close to mil-spec as I can, so I'd like another original dust cover. I think this dustcover came from Tapco. I'm probably going to order the next one from DSA.

Who here has a DSA trilux dustcover? Are they sturdy (do they wobble)? Is this going to be a sound mounting solution?

Thank you all!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting, did you go to FALFILES.com and seek assistance there?  there are WAY more FAL freaks there
(in all fairness I spend some time there too)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, some users over at FALfiles drilled out the rivets and used low profile machine bolts w/washers to reduce wobble in those mounts.

HTH

blitz
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same thing happen with one I purchased. The previous owner had "welded" the cover back together, but it sheared again. I wasn't too enamored with the Trilux, so I ended up trading it for some parts. I don't know of any other replacements, but good luck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Blitzkreig,
I hadn't thought of that bolt idea. I may give that a shot before ordering the same thing again. If this is a common problem then I wonder how on earth militaries used this thing reliably.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I had this happen,  I even tried the gorilla glue to fix the wobble like you said.

When it broke, I went to Home Depot and got some small machine screws and bolted it back on. I had to use loctite to keep the nuts from backing off, but it seems to be holding.

I had to thin the nuts to fit them between the dustcover and the holes, but after that, I just stuck them to a piece of scotch tape and held them in while I tightened the screws.

It is a lot more stable and firm now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top