Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 3:50:46 AM EDT
I have been hearing that the rogue agency known as BATFE has backed down on the receiver/parts kit ban.

Anyone have the real dish on this?

Will we be seeing $175 Imbel receivers again?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]

I know but then I herd they didn't back off and are going to ban the FAL & AK kits.

I do not have it in writting so I take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Either way, I've got my Belgian on Imbel FAL.  As long as I can find spare parts, if they are ever needed, I will be happy.

I know.....BUT I WANT MORE!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told yesterday that Dealers have till Sept 11th to get their paper work and stuff into the BATF for importation of parts and parts kits. Has far has anything not put in for import to the USA that there is no grace period.

After these parts and parts kit's are recieved that will be it. From a BATF agent who works out of Queens. He is only a agent on the street but knows what is going on. He said he will try and find out any new info after the first of the year for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
all HK and FAL receivers are done for, no exceptions, except barrels

www.atf.gov/firearms/112205openletter.pdf
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will we be seeing $175 Imbel receivers again?

So I should have spent the 200 bux on the FAL with the Imbel reveiver I saw at the gunshow this weekend?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope...you shoulda spent $600 and bought 3!

I woulda broke my wrist getting my wallet out!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
There was only one, I figured there must be something I was missing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
all HK and FAL receivers are done for, no exceptions, except barrels

www.atf.gov/firearms/112205openletter.pdf

Glad to see our government is working so hard to serve the will of the people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
That's too bad.    .. I have a few imbels, but as we all know - not enough.  FYI - The prices I've seen imbel receivers sell for lately is getting close to the DSA range.  I guess for that money I would just go DSA in the future.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top