Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 3:00:29 PM EDT
ok,  want to spend less than a thousand - cut put the para models.

do want the bi-pod and the evil flashhider and be about to put a bayonet on it...

Want it for gereral shooting/plinking - just for fun - and may be the SHTF option.

Which DSA model fits this bill, or any other ideas?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
STG58
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The StG58A is the best deal going for an assembled F A L with a full warantee.  But, your really need two F A Ls. AnStG58A and a Para.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
All of DSA's rifles will fit the bill...StG-58 is probably the more bang for buck rifle though..
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the DSA STG58....given your parameters.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
StG58

Sledgehammer built mine and I love it..
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ok,  want to spend less than a thousand - cut put the para models.

do want the bi-pod and the evil flashhider and be about to put a bayonet on it...

Want it for gereral shooting/plinking - just for fun - and may be the SHTF option.

Which DSA model fits this bill, or any other ideas?

Thanks,

Badredfish

The only FAL DSA sells for under a grand is the StG-58. That should make it pretty easy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]
You could build a Para for less than a grand, if thats what you wanted.  And if done right it will be just as nice as the DSA's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Start building and get one of each. After my first I had to get another safe
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a DSA STG58C carbine and I am glad I stumbled across it!

Lightly used (300-400 rounds post DSA build) witha  DSA railed flat-top cover and a pile of mags for $800.

The carbine version is a few inches shorter and has a welded/soldered muzzle break / no bayo config.  One of my favorite rifles.  Solid as a rock, fast handling and surprisingly accurate.  

Utterly reliable with all the NATO surplus flavors I run trough it (LAke City, SA, Port, Aussie)!  This thing is the AK of MBRs.    
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a DSA STG58C carbine and I am glad I stumbled across it!

Lightly used (300-400 rounds post DSA build) witha  DSA railed flat-top cover and a pile of mags for $800.

The carbine version is a few inches shorter and has a welded/soldered muzzle break / no bayo config.  One of my favorite rifles.  Solid as a rock, fast handling and surprisingly accurate.  

Utterly reliable with all the NATO surplus flavors I run trough it (LAke City, SA, Port, Aussie)!  This thing is the AK of MBRs.    

Ohhh man! that's the one I want - wish I would stumble across a deal like that. Know somewhere I find a repeat of this deal?
Anyway, isn't the STG58C an 18" barrel? What I don't want is the 16.25".  Glad to hear yours chews up any kind of ammo  w/o hesitation - they way you put it: "...is the AK of the MBR's",   I like to hear  that cause I like AK's too!

As for getting my own FAL (which would be my first) I'm waiting to hear from Atlantic Arms how much and how long it will take to get from DSA. (Unless someone here knows who has it in stock)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As for getting my own FAL (which would be my first) I'm waiting to hear from Atlantic Arms how much and how long it will take to get from DSA. (Unless someone here knows who has it in stock)

You should check out arizonaresponsesystems.com. Not DSA but, the Gunplumber is a FAL god.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ohhh man! that's the one I want - wish I would stumble across a deal like that. Know somewhere I find a repeat of this deal?
Anyway, isn't the STG58C an 18" barrel? What I don't want is the 16.25".  Glad to hear yours chews up any kind of ammo  w/o hesitation - they way you put it: "...is the AK of the MBR's",   I like to hear  that cause I like AK's too!

Whats wrong with a 16" FAL?
My DSA STG58 carbine!
Phessor

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The StG58A is the best deal going for an assembled F A L with a full warrantee.  But, your really need two F A Ls. AnStG58A and a Para.

+1

I have an STG58 kit (from DSA, Inc.) built on an Imbel receiver and a para build (on another modified SGT58 kit w/ type 2 DSA receiver) and I really enjoy them both!

-JZ
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Old pic of my DSASTG58 carbine

The blast from the 16" only bothers spectators
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you thought about building one yourself? It's cheaper and rewarding! check it out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Gunbuilder,

Got a line on any quality kits at good prices?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Gunbuilder,

Got a line on any quality kits at good prices?

Thanks

Check on FAL Files  Link to FAL Files!
Phessor

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I say build your own too..... shop the Files....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#19]
my first and only (so far) FAL is the STG58, love it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top