Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:25:48 AM EDT
I'm currently selling an Colt 6520 conversion to get a Colt LE6920, but after reading a thread here I checked out a link to DSA and really liked what I saw. I've toyed with a factory FN FAL 50.00 at a local shop and thought about getting one, but never really settled on what I wanted. I've been thinking about it for a while and might get the FAL in place of the AR. It would leave me without an AR until the summer but I think I can deal with it. Talk me into it... Should I go without an AR until summer or should I wait and get this later?

DSA STG58 Para Carbine
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:51:45 AM EDT
get the dsa, you wont be dissapointed. i used to be a ar15 guy, i mean i still own several and still shoot them. but the fal is by far my new favorite. awesome design and dsa is well made.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:53:11 AM EDT
This should be all you need...

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155028

Plus, as another forum member pointed out on a different thread; if you're already posting it here, you don't need any more convincing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:12:23 AM EDT
As a former M1A and AR10 owner, I can say that this rifle has been worth every penny I spent. IMO, there is no better .308/7.62x51 rifle out there in this pricerange, with these features, this level of reliability and such inexpensive/abundent magazines.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:11 AM EDT
It would make a nice counterpart to my HK-91. Thats a fine looking rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:31:38 AM EDT
BB,
My link was to your thread on FAL files
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:21:27 PM EDT
BUY THE DSA CARBINE, BUY THE DSA CARBINE, YOU'll LOVE IT
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:09:42 AM EDT
You will be the envy of all on the range!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 4:09:47 PM EDT by SCHNOOK]
I have owned many AR 15 rifles . They are nice and I will always own one . I have had a few HK 91 rifles but traded them off for tactical bolt rifles . I traded for a FAL and fell in love with them . They are the best deal out there on a 308 battle rifle . I have a Para folder and 2 G1 rifles. The AR now seems flimsley and delicate after owning and firing the FAL . The HK I could never realy get used to the sights and the fact that I could own 3-4 FAL type rifles in its place . Just get it ! I promise you will not be disappointed. I have all Imbel receivers on mine but have always wanted a DSA but I realy don't think it matters as far as quality between the 2 brands they are both equal in my eyes . Go DSA for resale because they have a great reputation and name . Just go get it . I keep the AR 15 for sentimental reasons and that is the only reason other than it is fun to bolt accessories to it . A FAL is all that it is in it's raw form needs no accessories , it is truly a battle rifle and is best left alone . You put accessories on your Harley, your wife , and your AR but your FAL is a tool built for battle. The only thing I would add to a FAL is a cool camo job and that it is it . This is just my opinion and I am sure others feel different about it but you asked not them so I put in my .02.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:29:21 PM EDT
I absolutely love my DSA SA-58 carbine. Cool 16" barrel, accurate, easy to clean, reliable, ect. etc. Not a single bad thing to say, my favorite of any gun I own.
Top Top