Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2005 10:49:14 PM EDT
Hello AR15.commers!

I've been bitten by the FAL bug, and am finally taking the plunge into FAL - ownership.

I've gotten a STG58 kit built on a metric IMBEL receiver.  Haven't shot it (yet) but everything seems to fit and operate well.

The QUESTION is this - the gun has three positions on the safety.  Top is safe, middle is Semi, and Bottom (swung down then thru would be "Fun Zone - Full Auto".  Now I know that this rifle will NOT shoot full auto, (hey it is Semi ONLY!!) but is it possible to block the safety from swinging past the "Semi" position?  

I'm used to mashing the safety down hard on my HK and AR's, so my concern is that I might push hard and move the safety past the semi position into the "no go zone" and thus affect the reliable shooting operation of the gun in a high stress moment.

Any FAL - a-holics out  there with knowledgable words of advice on this???

Thanks in Advance for the info.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure - DSA makes a "semi-only" selector you can buy and easily install... Or, you can do like I did - and buy a US made pistol grip from Wolfsburg Bob over to the FALfiles that blocks the selector from going past the semi position...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go, bud:

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=US076B&storeid=1&image=selector.gif

You might be able to find the pistol grip I mentioned in the Marketplace at the FALfiles - either one will get you where you want to go, only the PG is a 922 compliance part...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You could also use a standard or indian L1A1 lever.  That would prevent it from going past semi.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on what the other people said. you should be able to find a selector similar to this one. mine came from factory.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 on what the other people said. you should be able to find a selector similar to this one. mine came from factory.

snafu.altervista.org/FALreceiver1.JPG

Who made that upper receiver?  Is it true FN?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
it's a complete/true Steyr Daimler Puch rifle
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sure - DSA makes a "semi-only" selector you can buy and easily install... Or, you can do like I did - and buy a US made pistol grip from Wolfsburg Bob over to the FALfiles that blocks the selector from going past the semi position...

- georgestrings

FALFILES seems to be undergoing some "Technical Difficulties"

Does anyone have a link or e-mail for Wolfsburg Bob and his "wonder grip"?

Thanks in advance!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Akron Armory
Under "Rifle Parts" you will find the grip.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
  Forget the grip. Change the safety. It is not one of the compliance parts but per ATF it has to be changed. So save some money and just do the safety
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... but per ATF it has to be changed.

The safety does not need to be changed out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... but per ATF it has to be changed.

The safety does not need to be changed out.

According to the DSA lower Parts site it states "this part is required but does not count" I could not find it in the ATF regs
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Hogwash, The safety does not "have to be changed" to satisfy the letter of the law.  Kinda like Bushmaster and "you can't use an M16 carrier in your AR."
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hogwash, The safety does not "have to be changed" to satisfy the letter of the law.  Kinda like Bushmaster and "you can't use an M16 carrier in your AR."

+1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top