Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2003 8:09:50 AM EDT
What is a realistic accuracy expectation from a DSA 21" bull barreled STG58?  Assuming of course match grade ammunition is used.  I am wanting an accurate auto-loader and would like to know what this system can realistically achieve.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
At 100 yds. I have put a full mag in a 4 inch circle in the center of the target with my STG-58. FWIW.
AB
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
168 fmjbt, 4064 or 4895 IMR loaded with match brass will get you below the 1 MOA for around 10 rounds, then the rifle/action starts to foul and you will need to clean.

As for the gas setting, run it to just to lightly eject the cases without jamming.  If you set it to throw the cases, your group will open up.
Also, take your time shooting the groups. Once the barrel overheats, your going to spray.

For surplus ammo, like Radway or S/A, will put you at the 2" mark.

A little hint, the rifle will only shoot as well as you.  A lighten trigger, and a better rear peep sight will go a long way.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
On my Fals I get 3-4" with Port.  My buddy will get 1.5-2.5" with his Fals.  We can swap Fals and get the same results for the shooter only. But of course I'm starting to think he is some sort of freak of nature.  3-4" with surplus ammo and a std FAL are the norm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
An STG58 with a bull barrel?  Are you sure you don't mean the SA58?  The STG is a military gun and you can expect military accuracy (3 to 4 MOA).  The bull barrel with free float tube is another beast.  With good ammo selection, I would imagine 1 to 2 MOA is realistic and sub MOA is possible if you're both lucky and good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top