Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
TAPCO,

sounds like tapco has begun the tap dance.
why do you support a board that does not alow the freedom of truth? those guys on the other board that you support would never allow us to freely express our views on this ISSUE. you say the only people who will win is the anti 2nd amendment crowd, well what good is that with out free speech. fact, you now support a board that not only supress the truth but also bann members who do anything that puts their sponsor's miss deeds in the lime light. so, that being said if you are the company you say you are  maybe you should take a hard look at who you support. I spent 11 years defending this country and I'll be dammed if some overweight bully that claims to be a navy seal
will trample on my right to free speech.

the truth will set you free.
my best  to you sir!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I AGREE HAWK
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I just purchased 3 30rd mag's from Tapco today.  Their service is great, and Tony (although I haven't talked to him in person) seem's like a great guy.  Tapco's product's are of good quality too, so I'm going to venture to say here, that your quarrel with Tony is on a personal level that has nothing to do with the quality of his product's, or the customer service he provides and therefore has made no change in my descision to continue to do business with him in the future.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just purchased 3 30rd mag's from Tapco today.  Their service is great, and Tony (although I haven't talked to him in person) seem's like a great guy.  Tapco's product's are of good quality too, so I'm going to venture to say here, that your quarrel with Tony is on a personal level that has nothing to do with the quality of his product's, or the customer service he provides and therefore has made no change in my descision to continue to do business with him in the future.

Thats whats great about this country. Everyone has a right to be ignorant. Bet your shipping and handling fee was half what you spent on the 3 mags. Best service money can buy. More mags for you, I'll spend my money somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm..  three 30 rounders? I'd bet at the very least $30 each, so $90 for the three. You really think that his shipping and handling was $45?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm..  three 30 rounders? I'd bet at the very least $30 each, so $90 for the three. You really think that his shipping and handling was $45?

Tony has 30rd mags that are like new that go for, I think $40.  The ones I actually got were $25 each because of small rust spots (which Tapco advertises, hence the reduced price). The mag's do function quite well, my friend brought 5 of those same 30rd mag's that I got and really all they had were minor rust spots which were promptly sanded down and he sent the mag's off to get them refinished by Robar Arms. Oh, and BTW, the shiping was only $11.93 for regular ground service.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thats whats great about this country. Everyone has a right to be ignorant.
You couldn't be more correct sir.

Bet your shipping and handling fee was half what you spent on the 3 mags.
Well, to be quite frank with you, If wished to be a dumbass and get the next day air shiping option which is $40, on a $75 purchase then yes, your statement would be true about it being half the price of the three mag's.

Best service money can buy.
One of the best services, yes.

More mags for you,
Indeed, more mags for me.

I'll spend my money somewhere else.
Whatever.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]

I had never bought from Tapco till I went thru FALFILES for info on my FAL expansion. Now that I am ok in that department, I only go thru there once in a  while. I just read this whole ugly mess this am, and am very disappointed.

TAPCO was sponsor at Gunsnet for nearly three years (same as AR15.com) before any of this stuff with the FAL Files came up. There has been nothing new to happen other than the Gunsnet opened an FAL Forum and we have a forum there. Yes we promoted it, but that is no different than when we promote AR15.com.

3 years at gunsnet? And how long at FALFILES?

And there soemthing new, you cut with FALFILES and asked for a refund, that is new. I dont understand the arfcom tie here, but it seems like a distraction.

This is the Internet; nobody owns the members, nobody owns the sponsors.
We simply advertise where we are treated like the customer and get good results.

Truer words never spoken. There are 3 kinds of Dealers. The Ammomans and Pete in NH, The [edited to keep from being sued crappy ones] , and the rest, some you love,  some you hate. Dealers make their decisions, us customers make ours.

If a group of people came to us and said that they hate you, that doesn’t mean that we will hate you just because everyone in the crowd says we should. We will give you an honest chance and treat you with the respect that you deserve.

What about when a group of customers, two actually, think they think someone makes a shitty business decision adn we wont buy from you again?

TAPCO was never involved with a deal between Gunsnet and the FAL Files. Being that I don’t know any of the dealings or conversations between the two, I elected to stay out of their business and not even comment.

Timing is everything....

I do know that what they did, or do, has nothing to do with our business decisions.

This whole thing with TAPCO and the FAL Files has been blown way out of proportion. We don’t like it any more than the rest of you. It has turned into war of boards and a lot of entertainment for many. There are so many good people on all of these boards. I am troubled that some people have turned a simple business decision between two companies into a civil war.

So its your position you decided to stop being on FALFILES as a 'simple business decision'? Im sure you never made any money there...

The way I see it, the only people that will gain from all of this is the Anti-Second Amendment crowd. Divide and conquer comes to mind.

That is utter bs. We have enemies of teh Second and defenders. I am as RKBA as they come, and I wont/dont buy Glock, S&W and now I know one more person to add to my list...

Loyalty is a 2 way street, FALFILES is not an anti.

There is a check heading to Jen ASAFP....

I cant believe you did this shit Buddy, I am very disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
i agree cav
john
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I buy everything from DSA. Tapco sells garbage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]

IMO. This would be a better business decision:  Advertising on both boards, therefore, you won't alienate the members.

If your business is down at Falfiles (as of everywhere else in this country), you should ask for a reduce rate from Jen.  I think Jen would comply or Jen would lose your advertising $$$. A good businessman would not pull camp completely, unless there is something else going on.
 Again, just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#13]
good point mojo
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my .02 and some info.
I am a Falfiles member.  I used to get most of my parts from Tapco, but now use them only when it isn't available anywere else. If you need parts/mags you may want to look at:

dsarms.com
volunteerordnanceworks.com
gunsthings.com
gunsnstuff.net
arizonaresponsesystems.com

Better yet, go to the FALfiles and look at the list of sponsers - it seems to be growing more every day.

Eschew obfuscation - any civil person needing information/help will be more than welcome at the 'files and now that my FAL builds are almost complete, I will be coming here for my AR builds.

'37yankee
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Gentlemen,
 I attended the FALs only match at River's Bend Gun Club that TAPCO sponsored in Dawsonville GA.

I found them to be very cordial, professional,
and all around good people.

I have also ordered from them via mail for
some time now.  I will also continue to do so.

I have had nothing but good dealings with them
and I do not see the need to change over
something that I had no part in and probably
do not know the truth about anyway.

Everyone can do what they want,  I for one,
will continue to order from TAPCO.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top