Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 9:04:29 AM EDT
I have a DSA STG-58 and was thinking of maybe putting an Aimpoint ML2 on it.  I want to still be able to co-witness the iron sights though.  I don’t currently have a rail cover/scope mount, but was impressed with a fellow member’s DSA scope mount.  It looks very sturdy.

If I used the DSA mount and an Aimpoint mounted in an ARMS 22M68, will that co-witness the irons?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Works with an L1A1 with a standard Aimpoint ring low on the receiver... not sure about an FN/FAL.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
HiramRanger, I love it!  Thanks for the picture!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe a friends Aimpoint/DSA mount/STG58 did NOT cowitness. The L1A1s have a higher rear sight. Probably a good idea to take your query to the FAL board when it comes back up.

<edited to add> Hiram is also NOT using a DSA mount, I believe...
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the same combo on a Stg58 using a Tapco receiver mount and Aimpoint low ring.  You can co-witness although you do not see the entire iron site at the lowest(rear-most) setting you do see enough to allow you to center the post in the peep sight and that's all that matters.

I tried this setup on a whim and it is now my choice for the FAL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]
SP10, correct, that is a Tapco mount.  The latest version by Tapco (this is the older version) has a lower weaver rail which should make cowitnessing on a FAL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I only had this setup for a short time.  Didn't like it and the AImpoint was defective.  By t he time it was returned I had the other Reflex setup which I prefer.  here are photos.

Oh, I do  not think either of them cowitness.  I would go check, but the FAL is either with DSA for repair or at my smiths waiting my pickup.  In either case - I don't have it and can't look.

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I was going to ask you Jimmy about the 2x Aimpoint.  Did you ever have a chance to play with it?  Is the field of view as bad as everybody claims?  I still love that concept if it worked.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Cliffy,

I didn't like it.  First, it was defective.  That doesn't help.  POI kept shifting.  But I didn't like it anyway as the FOV is poor and the 2x just doesn't buy you anything IMO.  When I sent it to Aimpoint, they told me it would need to be replaced and they were backordered.  I told them send me a 1x and I'd call it even.  That is what they did and I am happier with the 1x unit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top