Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/10/2003 6:16:11 PM EDT

Ok, not a 93 or 91, but the 94 (MP5 basically) has a great rep too...

Well, Saturday, I put around 120 rounds through my L1A1, and didn't clean. Today, I put another 200 or so rounds through it with no hiccups, at all. No FTE's of any kind, no FTF's, no nothing. (190 rounds, actually)

I put 240 rounds through the 94, a pristine, clean rifle. Maybe a little juicy from the lube, but that's it. (it was less juicy than the L1A1, that's a fact.) I had 3 failure to feeds, not mag related, and one failure to eject. All of which happened before the 200 round mark.

So...eat that, HK guys
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:11:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2003 1:11:44 PM EDT by Scarecrow]
What a shit comparison. Let me guess, your HK 94 is made by special weapons too?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:10:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

Ok, not a 93 or 91, but the 94 (MP5 basically) has a great rep too...

Well, Saturday, I put around 120 rounds through my L1A1, and didn't clean. Today, I put another 200 or so rounds through it with no hiccups, at all. No FTE's of any kind, no FTF's, no nothing. (190 rounds, actually)

I put 240 rounds through the 94, a pristine, clean rifle. Maybe a little juicy from the lube, but that's it. (it was less juicy than the L1A1, that's a fact.) I had 3 failure to feeds, not mag related, and one failure to eject. All of which happened before the 200 round mark.

So...eat that, HK guys

Why harass the HK guys? The HK you have is a cheap crap imitation built by a guy in a cave with a rock. As a major Falaholic I will say inch guns suck, they are what guys who deliver pizzas for a living buy. If you had half a clue, you wouldn't knock HK which is undoubtedly one of the finest weapons builders in the world next to FN. Lighten up Francis. So....eat that bargain shopper
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:05:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Scarecrow:
What a shit comparison. Let me guess, your HK 94 is made by special weapons too?

Uhm, no, it's not. It's made by Heckler & Koch. I don't remember what the date code was, but I think it was IH. As I only have 6 mags for my 93, I can't quite bang on the 93 as much as the 94.

I've had more issues with the both of them at the range than I've had with the L1A1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:10:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By patriot73:
Why harass the HK guys?

Because I am an HK guy.

The HK you have is a cheap crap imitation built by a guy in a cave with a rock. As a major Falaholic I will say inch guns suck, they are what guys who deliver pizzas for a living buy.

A cheap crap imitation? Gee! I didn't know HK made cheap, crap rifles! I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I drag all my crap to the range! Lookie here! This highly expensive and prized rifle is cheap crap!

Inch rifles suck? Alright then, better go tell the UK and all if it's allies that the rifle it's been using (and if I remember right has re-issued in limited amounts) is shit.

Oh wait...Century guns are almost entirely Metric. Hrm...angry beavers in caves? What was that comment about H&K building rifles in caves?

Why do people have this thing about confusing SW and HK? If it was an SW, I would have said SW. Christ people, read and don't intrepret. It'll make everyone's life easier.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:29:00 AM EDT

Why harass the HK guys?

Because I am an HK guy.

The HK you have is a cheap crap imitation built by a guy in a cave with a rock. As a major Falaholic I will say inch guns suck, they are what guys who deliver pizzas for a living buy.

A cheap crap imitation? Gee! I didn't know HK made cheap, crap rifles! I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I drag all my crap to the range! Lookie here! This highly expensive and prized rifle is cheap crap!

Inch rifles suck? Alright then, better go tell the UK and all if it's allies that the rifle it's been using (and if I remember right has re-issued in limited amounts) is shit.

Oh wait...Century guns are almost entirely Metric. Hrm...angry beavers in caves? What was that comment about H&K building rifles in caves?

Why do people have this thing about confusing SW and HK? If it was an SW, I would have said SW. Christ people, read and don't intrepret. It'll make everyone's life easier.

Easy cheif and read my comment closer. No crap imitation HK's huh? Ever read Shotgun news or been to a gun show? See all those garbage G3's??? Those are what I am referring too. The L1A1 is not being reissued in the UK it was reissued in 91 in the Gulf as the Bullpup sucked. The L1A1's you see on the commercial market is the US are not what the Brits and Canadians had, not even close in QC. Ease up HK guy, I said in my post HK was one of the finest weapons builders in the world next to FN. Clean your rifle and it won't fail.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:31:36 AM EDT

Why harass the HK guys?

Because I am an HK guy.

Oh and for the record I wouldn't touch a Century FAL with your arms. Century guns are mainly inch guns with a hodge podge of parts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:59:05 AM EDT

Easy cheif and read my comment closer. No crap imitation HK's huh? Ever read Shotgun news or been to a gun show? See all those garbage G3's??? Those are what I am referring too. The L1A1 is not being reissued in the UK it was reissued in 91 in the Gulf as the Bullpup sucked. The L1A1's you see on the commercial market is the US are not what the Brits and Canadians had, not even close in QC. Ease up HK guy, I said in my post HK was one of the finest weapons builders in the world next to FN. Clean your rifle and it won't fail.

Fair enough...I was pointing out my 94 *did* fail, that was the point of the whole thing. I haven't fired anything else of the HK's that I have to really induce some kind of failure. The 94's the only one I have piles of cheap ammo for, as well as piles of mags, so that's the one that usually gets dragged out..(besides, it's smaller and "easier" to clean than the 93..tho nothing's easier to clean than the SL8..)

Yes, I know there are crap HK's out there, but I don't own anything not made by HK (as far as HK type guns go), so.. I wouldn't touch one of those fake HK's at all. I've heard good things about the ohio rapid fire rifles, but haven't seen one in person, so I'll reserve judgment on those.

The L1A1 I have is a pre-ban, made on a Brit L1A1 kit. It's not a hodge-podge by any measure (unless you count the US receiver and whatnot..)

My father has a Century R1A1 (metric upper, inch lower) that came with a bent oprod. We replaced the oprod, and now it functions as a FAL should, suprisingly. He got it in a trade, so we may as well use it.

Now, if someone could point me at dirt cheap HK93 mags, I'll stock up on those, and torture the 93 and try to make that fail, too. If the 94 would fail in less than 300 rounds...
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:23:41 PM EDT

The 94's the only one I have piles of cheap ammo for,

Maybe it's the ammo?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:27:39 PM EDT
Thought of it; problem is, it's the state police-issued ammo in NY (father's a LEO, and pays state prices for it)..

Either the state police issue ammo is shit, or I oiled it a bit too much, or something.

Either way..it's not something that should cause jams.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:24:20 PM EDT
State Police ammo in NYS is Speer Gold Dot from what I remember... Then again, wasn't the HK94 designed to use ball ammo?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:14:55 PM EDT
I'm betting ammo too. Speaking of L1A1's you guys have probably seen that some rifles won't fire it. My FALS chew it up all day and pretty accurately at that. Ammo is weird especially with my AR's that have perfect mags. Some ammo like this Guatamalen shit I had just freaking failed to eject and jammed up two rounds into the chamber. Cleaned the rifle, switched to Remington reloads and flawless. Ammo is weird like that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:16:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
State Police ammo in NYS is Speer Gold Dot from what I remember... Then again, wasn't the HK94 designed to use ball ammo?

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear...It's state contract ammo for municipal police departments. American Eagle ball ammo, 135gr I think.

Not SP ammo, but state-provided ammo for local police departments.

I should get my hands on some +P and see how that does..
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:19:23 AM EDT

I'm betting ammo too. Speaking of L1A1's you guys have probably seen that some rifles won't fire it. My FALS chew it up all day and pretty accurately at that. Ammo is weird especially with my AR's that have perfect mags. Some ammo like this Guatamalen shit I had just freaking failed to eject and jammed up two rounds into the chamber. Cleaned the rifle, switched to Remington reloads and flawless. Ammo is weird like that.

The only problems I had with any .308 surplus in mine was the Izzy stuff...which went kaboom. At the time I didn't know I should steer clear of it..believe me, I figured that one out damn quick after the case cracked and vented in my face.

I set my gas to 6, and it cycled with Portugese like a champ. I tried the Aussie surplus, and I think it was better than the Port. The ejection pattern was remarkably consistent with the Aussie..the Port was pretty good, but some rounds it wouldn't fly as far (or it'd fly really far). The Aussie made one neat little pile.
Top Top