Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/22/2003 9:06:47 AM EDT
I notice that alot of my mags, including the ones that I got in the wax paper wrap "new" have floorplates that slide when I shoot. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got a reliable fix?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:28:22 AM EDT
Bend them. On the surplus mags I have, the ends of them are pinched down below the level of the mag body. I assume you could do the same with a hammer and screw driver. Just pinch it down on either side of the little hole.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:22:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:
Bend them. On the surplus mags I have, the ends of them are pinched down below the level of the mag body. I assume you could do the same with a hammer and screw driver. Just pinch it down on either side of the little hole.

I do what cliffy says norm....Just bend them in... I've had some mags where slight finger pressure would slide the floor plate!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:49:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:

Yes Sir, bend 'em. They are 50 years old. I have had to tap a few of mine tight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:04:12 AM EDT
Wow, the FAL, choice of retired bootboys everywhere
Top Top