Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/3/2003 12:19:42 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the FNC. I need to know if the M16 mags work well in the FNC or should I purchase the $70.00 pluss FNC mags. Also any good parts stores for the FNC I am especialy looking for a folding stock
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
I had a CL III FNC Para (folding stock short barrel) a few years ago and only sold it for financial reasons. All and all a great gun and highly under rated in this country. This is probably due to the relatively low numbers that were imported before the ban as opposed to the more prolific HK's and the like.

To answer your question, Yes, M16 magazines work flawlessly in an FNC. That's what they were designed to run with. I never had a real "FNC" magazine for my gun, Although I did have a bunch of FN marked M16 contract mags that I kept with it. Really just for "Brand Name" sake, but any quality M16 magazine will run just fine in a FNC.

As far as spare or add on parts, good luck I think. I doubt you will find a original folding stock for one on the loose as there were probably very limited numbers of spare parts imported when the guns came in, and most of those are probably small items not major assemblies. There is however, a very sturdy scope mount for these guns that aren't that difficult to find with a little looking.

If the lack of parts is going to be a determining factor in purchaseing one of these guns, don't let it be. These things are almost indestructable. I shot mine a lot on full auto and never broke anything. It was also quite accruate. They have the bolt and gas system of an AK (in a nicer package) housed within a steel upper receiver. The gas system is also adjustable, not as much as a FAL, as it only has a normal and adverse setting. I would think things would have to get very dirty before you would ever have to put it on the adverse setting as mine cycled flawlessly on normal. The lower is milled from what appears to be a billet of high grade aluminum and has ergonomics on par with an AR-15(all the controls are easy to get to). Add to this the classic FN FAL like styling and you can't go wrong.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2003 7:42:38 AM EDT by Templar]
I'd buy some of the firing pins that DSA has. You can also get a military scope mount for the FNC from them.

The only negatives with the FNC are that they do, sometimes, break their firing pins. I had thought that was an internet rumor until it happened to me. Just have a couple back up and no big deal.

I'd recommend the British 30 round steel magazines on the market now, the FNC loves them and they aren't expensive.

The fixed stocks are interchangeable witht he folders, and you can sometimes find both for sale. I'd try www.falfiles.com and www.sturmgewehr.com.

As with anything FN, the FNC is a beautiful design and it works.
Top Top