Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2003 12:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 12:57:54 PM EDT by dc899]
For those who have them, do you like them or would you recommend a regular stock. I am trying to decide before I oeder a FAL from DSA? I will probaly mount a eotech or aimpoint on it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:02:45 PM EDT
I have both kinds of stocks from DSA and two rifles from DSA. I am on an OD green kick as of late and I got the Xseries in green. Its a really nice piece of furniture. I liked the color not to dark or to bright. Since its made from a mold the color is the same all the way through the material. I did however call DSA today and order a new furniture set and have them Duracoat all the pieces in OD. I like the standard butstock better than the Xseries. You can not go wrong with a DSA rifle. The fit and finish is the best around. My next DSA purchase is going to be 18" Para Congo. All I need now is $1900 and my wife to go blind so she cant see me bring it in the house.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:01:40 AM EDT
I have the X-series stocks on my SA58 carbine.

The fit and finish is great.

The only issue I have is when shooting from a bench, the angle of the stock slams right into my cheek bone. After a couple of mags, it starts to get sore

I've never tried the standard stock, so I cant say if this would happen with them also.

On the up side.....It looks really friggin cool.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:26:34 PM EDT
I have one. It a great stock, but I like the Steyr stock I got w/ my G1 kit from DSA. If you are going to use as a US part. then get. But if not needed get the Austrian or Brazilian stock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:08:39 AM EDT
I put the X series stock on my STG58 in the hopes that it might lessen the recoil on my cheek area but it made it worse so I put the original back on and and it is much better and to me looks more appropriate. Now I just need to alter my shooting position a little further back to deal with getting slammed in the cheek but with the standard stock it will be easier to accomplish. YMMV
Top Top