Page / 36
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:
Love seeing the carbines and emc's. It's like photos of Bigfoot lol
View Quote

Yeah really.

The dude on the the left in the first pic - does he have some sort of length of pull add on to his SOPMOD stock?

What is that exactly?

Looks like a modded SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea that’s what it looks like maybe in house mod? Couldn’t find anything on the web without digging deep
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

The dude on the the left in the first pic - does he have some sort of length of pull add on to his SOPMOD stock?

What is that exactly?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What is that exactly?

Yea that’s what it looks like maybe in house mod? Couldn’t find anything on the web without digging deep

Could be homebrew…

The cheek riser looks similar to Sun and Shadow.
The LOP plate looks similar to Stock Positioning Systems.

Speaking of Sun and Shadow, has anyone ever used their SR15 “Knightstick/Reaction Rod?
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What exactly is the history of the “battle rifle trade in uppers” you see floating around?
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Couple of questions. I have tried to chase them down via photos but provenance or context isn't clear always.

MK11
Were there partial ambi lowers used?(so a LMT MWS lower can stand in?)
Was KAC taupe ever used on the MK11?
Other than the A2 stock what was used?
Other than the Leupold MK4s what are correct optics and mounts?

M110
What are the correct optics and mount options beyond the MK4?
Other than the M110 stock what was used?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I can answer one question, aside from the issued Mark 4 M2 FDE Scope, M110s also used the Leupold Mark 4 M5-A ER/T 6.5-20x 50mm in Badger Rings and the USMC used Premier Reticle Scopes but I couldn't tell you what model.  Some M110s are now sporting Mark 5HDs 3.5-18x scopes in black and a special FDE version of that with the US Army's special reticle are forthcoming.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
There was also the premiere 3-15 that was in use, also Nightforce 5-25 nxs if I remember right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:
Couple of questions. I have tried to chase them down via photos but provenance or context isn't clear always.

MK11

M110

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I believe only non ambi on the mk11 no taupe
Magpul PRS black and fde
Scope mentioned above plus some S&B’s

M110 optics (from clonerifles) Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50 M5A2, Premier Heritage 3.5-15-50 Gen I, Schmidt and Bender 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC/LT, Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 F1
M110 Magpul PRS, some carbine swapped with STR, ACS and the new B5

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 5:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j-dubya1] [#9]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

MK11

M110

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Keep in mind that there are multiple “mk11”’s...both commercial and military.  Both mod 0 and mod 1 mil rifles retained the non ambi lower.  A commercial mod 1 had an ambi, partial or otherwise, and were wrong on the other parts except the rail.  

A few times the a2 was pulled for Vltor fixed stocks or those heavy magpul ones.  

Edit: forgot to answer about the mk11 taupe...  technically the mod 1 used it, because it was an m110 suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve never seen the vltor stocks, any reference pics?
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ve never seen the vltor stocks, any reference pics?
View Quote

This is the only fixed vltor im aware of.
https://www.vltor.com/shop/ar/stocks/arm-rifle-stock/
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#12]
That’s what I was thinking of, just never seen it on a mk11…should have worded the question better lol
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What barrel length is the rifle in the middle as well as what scope and rings? I am debating trying to clone it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
What barrel length is the rifle in the middle as well as what scope and rings? I am debating trying to clone it.

https://i.redd.it/owc38y2um9361.jpg
View Quote

Looks to be 20". Can't help you on the glass, the resolution on my computer is too shit to tell.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Someone had the deets on that rifle in either this group or the kac Facebook, if I remember right it’s a 18 or 20” with the mk11 carbine rail. Rings are probably KAC lows
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Optic is most likely a Schmidt & Bender 1-4x Short Dot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm, I may go for shreks rifle then. I have a 16 inch battle rile coming but I know he used a 14.5. However I am not cutting the barrel on the BR to get it to match lol

These guns used non ambi lowers didnt they?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess I'll crawl out from under my rock to share this.  My SR25 EC 1 of 7 that KAC released back in 2017.  The 762K can is a govt contract turn in can sourced directly from SureFire.  Almost 100% sure it is the same can (before paint removal) that Hades Consulting has posted if you dig deep enough.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RadOP:
I guess I'll crawl out from under my rock to share this.  My SR25 EC 1 of 7 that KAC released back in 2017.  The 762K can is a govt contract turn in can sourced directly from SureFire.  Almost 100% sure it is the same can (before paint removal) that Hades Consulting has posted if you dig deep enough.
https://i.imgur.com/wm7govi.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Were those factory painted EC’s?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

Were those factory painted EC’s?
View Quote

Yes they were
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#22]
Surplus M110 SASS Hardigg cases in stock at Thoroughbred, if anyone in here is interested to complete their rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cmdexe:
Surplus M110 SASS Hardigg cases in stock at Thoroughbred, I believe only a few left if anyone in here is interested to complete their rifle.
View Quote

Doesn't have any of the small parts inside?  I have basically a complete one I need to sell if they can get 2k+ for those lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Doesn't have any of the small parts inside?  I have basically a complete one I need to sell if they can get 2k+ for those lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Originally Posted By cmdexe:
Surplus M110 SASS Hardigg cases in stock at Thoroughbred, I believe only a few left if anyone in here is interested to complete their rifle.

Nope. Just the scope case and foam inside.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Hell of a piece of history there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Amazing rifles in here gents. I won't clutter it up with my KAC railed 308 gasser. I kick myself for passing on an EMC trade in from Ayan back when he had some in. He also had ECCs but I was too cheap. 🤦‍♂️

Even had a pair of M110 rails at one time that I was going build up but passed them on too. I'll never sell off a KAC part ever again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]
All surplus minus the lower.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#29]
My MK11 Mod 0 Clone built on a LMT lower and Genesis upper

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Did the Genesis upper give you any issues when you built it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#31]
No issues. I just bought it a few weeks ago from the exchange here. The seller was kind enough and had the same LMT lower so he checked it for me and sent pics.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I am looking for someone that knows some KAC history, specifically around the MK11 Mod 0. I have a '93 SR-25 Match that I am trying to convert to a MK11, obviously it's Vero marked and the upper is made from an extrusion. I know that KAC moved facilities in late 2001.  

I heard that the military purchased a small number of SR-25s in the mid-90s then converted those to MK11 when it was type classified in 2000, can anyone confirm? If true, were those rifles converted before or after the facility move? I have a Titusville rail that is going to bother my OCD side if I put it on a Vero lower.

When did KAC start using forged receivers on the SR-25s. The best I can place that is some time after late 2005.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't remember most of the specifics you mention, but I don't remember bringing in military SR25's and converting them. However, some of those units did subsequently purchase Mk11 Mod 0 rail forends for conversion purposes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Initial research suggests that KAC switch to the forged receivers when they tooled up for the initial M110 contract. I am having trouble finding information a pictures of the initial rifles that were submitted for testing in 2005 and how they might have changed to final testing in 2007 and initial issue in 2008.  I cannot find anything to say, or show, that M110s used extruded uppers without the built-in shell deflector, my guess is that when KAC tooled up for the M110 they ditched the equipment they previously used make extruded uppers in favor of the equipment to support forged uppers that I think were required for the M110 contract.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:49:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-Aurelius] [#35]
Ahem, while it lacks some of the details you seek,  one of the most explicit interviews ever given on the subject;

https://smallarmsreview.com/knights-armament-wins-army-sniper-rifle-competition/

Incidentally, I am not certain at what point the shell deflector was added to the lower. But I remember for some reason the add-on deflector was part of the original M110 clone build sheet. Only because I have one from years ago in front of me, NIP, that I never used...

Also, you can pick up some good historical factoids and pictures by putting the knightarmco site into The Way Back Machine. Sometimes small pieces of information such as on January 26th 2004, they completed the move from Vero Beach to Titusville...
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone seen a S&B 3-12 used on a M110K1?  Have a rifle currently without an optic as well as a 3-12.  Obviously you can put in whatever you like but is it “proper”?  Lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

This is an XM110 as submitted to the Army for the SASS trails. Note the forged upper receiver (.i.e., integral case deflector) and "full fence" magazine release button lower. If memory serves me, it was the success and ongoing Mk11Mod0 program that initiate the change to a forged upper.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By coldblue:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19411/Army_XM-110_jpg-2755024.JPG

This is an XM110 as submitted to the Army for the SASS trails. Note the forged upper receiver (.i.e., integral case deflector) and "full fence" magazine release button lower. If memory serves me, it was the success and ongoing Mk11Mod0 program that initiate the change to a forged upper.
View Quote

Also interesting to see the hex head on the stock instead of the thumb nut to loosen up the LOP adjustment. How long was that early style carried forward until they switched to the molded plastic thumb nut?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#39]
The most distinguished difference on those few rifles where the hex nut in the buttstocks, also they were using the mk11 lowers marked m110, same as the ones delivered to the marines, the mk11 mod1 but in black. Later contract m110,s will include the ambi lowers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

@coldblue

We have one of the 3 XM110 rifles at the office, Trey confirmed it. I can see about photos if it’s of interest.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SFHC:

@coldblue

We have one of the 3 XM110 rifles at the office, Trey confirmed it. I can see about photos if it’s of interest.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SFHC:

@coldblue

I'm not cold, but yes please.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Just finding this thread. I saw earlier in the thread someone was talking about building a copy of the Shrek rifle. I’ve got a full BR with SR25-QD can I built into a similar rifle. Mine is a 16” and I used 1.5” rings instead of what look like lower rings on his. And I’m not painting mine.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#43]
A friend and I also have similar m110k1 guns. Mine has a SF can, his has the QDC. Aside from that, his barrel being pained, and my rail having the longer diving board extension, I think they’re the same
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

Also interesting to see the hex head on the stock instead of the thumb nut to loosen up the LOP adjustment. How long was that early style carried forward until they switched to the molded plastic thumb nut?
View Quote

I think we were in the re-design of the buttstock length adjustment even as the SASS trails were underway. The improved design, along with other lessons learned during our own pre-testing, were ECP's (engineering change proposals) that are usually part of subsequent government contracts if you win. The original 1/2" hex bolt design did require a tool, but it was the same (supplied in the cleaning kit) as the wrench used to secure the front sight in the erect position and maintain scope base tightness.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:33:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: turboek] [#45]
I should prob fix those stairs
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Some things are more important than stairs...
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'm not cold, but yes please.
View Quote

Took a couple of days, boss had me running all over. @SecretSquirell

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

That barrel in NOT dimpled correct?
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top