Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:37:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#1]
A dude hit me up in a private message a while back asking me about the index pin that resides at the 6 o'clock position on the MK11 gas block, only to discover that mine was missing it. I told him that I didn't have one, but the MK11 suppressor still mounted up and shot fine with no issues. Evidently, the index pin isn't critical for running the can, but raises the question whether or not I should be concerned about it. Thanks.

(Photo is of the off-center index pin, mine is centered)

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:
A dude hit me up in a private message a while back asking me about the index pin that resides at the 6 o'clock position on the MK11 gas block, only to discover that mine was missing it. I told him that I didn't have one, but the MK11 suppressor still mounted up and shot fine with no issues. Evidently, the index pin isn't critical for running the can, but raises the question whether or not I should be concerned about it. Thanks.

(Photo is of the off-center index pin, mine is centered)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1600x1200q90/924/FrQS4p.jpg
View Quote

My Mk13 Mod5 barrel doesn't have an index pin either - Mk11 suppressor fits and works just fine.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters at all other than being a simple aid to know where the gate latch is to clamp it down. Doesn't impact functionality at all not being there.

It's something you'll never see anyway with the can on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

My Mk13 Mod5 barrel doesn't have an index pin either - Mk11 suppressor fits and works just fine.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it matters at all other than being a simple aid to know where the gate latch is to clamp it down. Doesn't impact functionality at all not being there.

It's something you'll never see anyway with the can on.
View Quote

Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
Index pin is there to also ensure the right suppressors are being mounted and correctly seated.

MK11 pins are at the 6, and M110s are off centered. You don't really have to have it, but all the knock off gas blocks aren't even made correctly to accept them which is the easiest tell it's a fake.
View Quote

Solid info, gentlemen. Thanks.

@PresampleDepot mine is one of the return/DRMO'd MK11 kits. The index pin hole is there sans pin. I was mostly concerned about long term functionality and whether or not adding a pin would be worthy of pursuit, but I'm just going to Charlie Mike and not worry about it. Thanks for confirming.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:24:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodsix] [#5]

It's the AR15 one.

And yes - that's exactly why - the added length from the folding mechanism allows you to fully collapse the stock and still have enough clearance for the charging handle to be fully extended.
View Quote

Just to caveat on this, B5 actually has 3 sizes of their CPS Stock, Long Medium and Short .  The Stock itself is the same regardless of the moniker Short, Medium or Long.  The only difference between any of them is the length of the comb riser.

They label the Short model as AR10, LR-308 due to the reasons above. The Medium is labeled for AR15.  MOST vendors only carry the AR10/308 and AR15/5.56 models in multiple colors.

The B5 version of the M110 Folding Stock Upgrade Kit (w/Law Tactical Side folding hardware and KAC Collapsible Stock Conversion Kit) uses the LONG version with either the Black (CPS-1412) or Coyote (CPS-1414) colors.  Very few vendors carry this model. Desert Tactical Solutions is one of them.  

The Magpul version of M110 Folding Stock Upgrade Kit includes all the same hardware with the exception of the Magpul STR FDE stock.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By eodsix:

Just to caveat on this, B5 actually has 3 sizes of their CPS Stock, Long Medium and Short .  The Stock itself is the same regardless of the moniker Short, Medium or Long.  The only difference between any of them is the length of the comb riser.

They label the Short model as AR10, LR-308 due to the reasons above. The Medium is labeled for AR15.  MOST vendors only carry the AR10/308 and AR15/5.56 models in multiple colors.

The B5 version of the M110 Folding Stock Upgrade Kit (w/Law Tactical Side folding hardware and KAC Collapsible Stock Conversion Kit) uses the LONG version with either the Black (CPS-1412) or Coyote (CPS-1414) colors.  Very few vendors carry this model. Desert Tactical Solutions is one of them.  

The Magpul version of M110 Folding Stock Upgrade Kit includes all the same hardware with the exception of the Magpul STR FDE stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's the AR15 one.

And yes - that's exactly why - the added length from the folding mechanism allows you to fully collapse the stock and still have enough clearance for the charging handle to be fully extended.

That's good to know - thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

It's the AR15 one.

If you look real close to the pics sporting the B5 CPS, you can see the Long comb riser, sometimes even on a tube WITHOUT the Law Folder attachment and sometimes you see the Medium on tubes WITH the Law Folder.  But none of the pics with the B5 CPS have the Short comb.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodsix] [#8]
Short CPS-1402

Medium CPS-1306

Long CPS-1414
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Still looks like doodoo
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]

I just bought one of these for use on my 6.5CM upper an ECC upper.... being I purchased the 308 version of the stock I assume that's the "short" version?

Wonder if I should have gone with the 5.56 version and just worked around the Charging handle interference when the stock is collapsed.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
That's correct. Given that you don't have the Law Folder, the .308 ver is probably what you want.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The question about the M110 7.62mm Enhanced upper has been posed several times now but before it's fully discussed, the conversation goes off on a tangent.  Does anyone know what enhancements were made to the "Enhanced" M110?  I heard in an interview when actually comparing the M110 to bolt guns, not specifically the M24 here but, the man interviewed stated that semi sniper weapons had come a long way and "with the M110 Enhanced system the M110 has come down to a less than ½ MOA weapon system".  What voodoo has been introduced make that happen?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I don’t know specifics but I do remember brownells released a FDE ACC/APC and one lucky fella received one that had “enhanced” marked on the upper. I believe someone from KAC chimed in that it was a mistake that it was released and was likely the only one in civilian hands.
So it’s a safe bet that the mod 2 gas system, E2 bolt along with other KAC magic/refinements have contributed to better performance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Wasn't the lengthened ejection port one of the enhancements?

Also, what is the difference between the ECP (Enhanced Capability Package) and the M110s marked "Enhanced"?

Is it the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:
I don’t know specifics but I do remember brownells released a FDE ACC/APC and one lucky fella received one that had “enhanced” marked on the upper. I believe someone from KAC chimed in that it was a mistake that it was released and was likely the only one in civilian hands.
View Quote

That's a distinct possibility, maybe the "Enhanced" M110 will be military only but inquiring minds still want to know what's in the secret sauce.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodsix] [#16]
Since I've chimed in here on page 28, I'll share with the community my M110 project done long before there was a concept of the M110A1 and the K1s were just barely off the drawing table.  Not a pure clone here, and it's evolved a bit with the times.  The lower was an 80% and I engraved it as a concept weapon as if I were big Army and was going to introduce the M110A1 Carbine as an upgraded version of the M110.  Much to my chagrin, big Army did go with a M110A1 but manifesting in the HK rifle.  So what, I did what I did and I have no regrets.  Originally built as a K1 type weapon with URX3.1 and the Mk6B2 scope though I changed it to the Mk6C2 at a later date.

I updated it with the URX4 and the SRT stock.

Updated it yet again with a whole new upper in 6.5mm CR which is on the bottom here.

Finally ending up here with a Mk5HD
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:
So it’s a safe bet that the mod 2 gas system, E2 bolt along with other KAC magic/refinements have contributed to better performance.
View Quote

That “lucky fella” is a friend of mine local to me. He consulted me about it when he got it. Made a lot of money selling it too. Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#18]

That “lucky fella” is a friend of mine local to me. He consulted me about it when he got it. Made a lot of money selling it too. Lucky bastard.
View Quote

I saw pics of it and figured a high roller would make an insane offer that would be difficult to pass up…
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatorvet] [#19]
Since I've chimed in here on page 28, I'll share with the community my M110 project done long before there was a concept of the M110A1 and the K1s were just barely off the drawing table.  Not a pure clone here, and it's evolved a bit with the times.  The lower was an 80% and I engraved it as a concept weapon as if I were big Army and was going to introduce the M110A1 Carbine as an upgraded version of the M110.  Much to my chagrin, big Army did go with a M110A1 but manifesting in the HK rifle.  So what, I did what I did and I have no regrets.  Originally built as a K1 type weapon with URX3.1 and the Mk6B2 scope though I changed it to the Mk6C2 at a later date.
https://i.imgur.com/Vx4uNbM.jpg
I updated it with the URX4 and the SRT stock.
https://i.imgur.com/zdmTjtl.jpg
Updated it yet again with a whole new upper in 6.5mm CR which is on the bottom here.
https://i.imgur.com/CaJ6jYZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rDAoTez.jpg
Finally ending up here with a Mk5HD
https://i.imgur.com/GNEURbW.jpg
View Quote

Is that a chopped 6.5 or are you in the special club?

ETA: the ACS looks better…
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a factory 16" Criterion barrel
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well now I need to know how you got the 6.5 marked upper…
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:38:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#22]
There may be more "Enhanced" uppers out there. somewhere...
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll just pass this along and leave it there
USSOCOM 6.5

You are quite right, there may be more Enhanced receivers out there by accident.  Colt accidentally let go some AR15 lowers that were small pivot pin military style both with and without pivot pin detent holes drilled. They all come off the same production line, or at least, used to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]
It seems like it is the enhanced/extended ejection port, e2 bolt, and sand cutter bolt. Nothing else seems different looking at the two side by side now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Well not a lot of hocus pocus there.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Gkramirx:
It seems like it is the enhanced/extended ejection port, e2 bolt, and sand cutter bolt. Nothing else seems different looking at the two side by side now.
View Quote

No sand cutter on mine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Can we now say that the MK5HD 3.6-18x is "clone correct" for SASS builds?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#28]

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-70fo0g802l/product_images/uploaded_images/m110mk5.jpg
View Quote

Been clone correct for a good while now - absolutely:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#29]

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-70fo0g802l/product_images/uploaded_images/m110mk5.jpg
View Quote

Are they FDE or is that just lighting?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes

Those look like the FDE .mil contract Mk5s.

Maybe we can get Leupold to follow Nightforce for the commercial side.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

A Leupold rep did tell me that the FDE MK5HD will
eventually be available for the commercial market at an undisclosed time . This was around the time we started seeing pics of it pop up on the internet. Not sure when that will happen but there is hope.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I think that might indeed be the new FDE Mk5HDs in the Leupold FDE IMS Scope Mount, they're sporting the Flatline Ops Bone Spur on the power ring.  That and the Flat Line Ops Halo-X Scope Level are supposed to be part of the package as well.

Great news that Leupold MAY be selling these to the public at some point, I was informed they were not so. . . . .
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone found a pic with one on a k?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Swapped out the NF ATACR / LT840H combo for a Leupold MK5 / Badger C1 combo. The NF was great glass but the MK5 seems to be perfect on an M110. MK6 vs MK5 the each have different pros and cons.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll be over here with my crusty trusty Mk4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#36]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
I'll be over here with my crusty trusty Mk4

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20220520_152311_jpg-2390791.JPG
View Quote

That's a super clean M110. I might need get one together myself someday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#37]

That's a super clean M110. I might need get one together myself someday.
View Quote

Hmm that's a real good idea
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Hmm that's a real good idea
View Quote

Maybe if I'm ever lucky enough to score something like this Unobtanium KAC M110 7.62mm Enhanced Upper.

One can dream...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll be taking my time with this one, but it's a start.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll be taking my time with this one, but it's a start.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/8656/bVntaH.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Nice!
View Quote

@wayfaerer320 Nicer...

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#42]

@wayfaerer320 Nicer...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3318/NiUjlP.jpg
View Quote

Entirely too clean.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#43]

@wayfaerer320 Nicer...

View All Quotes

Nice!

@wayfaerer320 Nicer...

Awwwww yeaaaaahhhhh
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]

@wayfaerer320 Nicer...

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#45]
If anyone here is interested in my my Leupy MK4/Vari-X III 3.5-10x FFP let me know. You have first dibs before I post it up later today. Comes with the elusive original correct KAC scope rings, SIMRAD cap, and Tenebraex ARD. Y'all already know getting any of that stuff isn't easy. The scope itself is the rare mil issue variant, first focal plane with football style mil dot reticle.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#46]
If anyone here is interested in my my Leupy MK4/Vari-X III 3.5-10x FFP let me know. You have first dibs before I post it up later today. Comes with the elusive original correct KAC scope rings, SIMRAD cap, and Tenebraex ARD. Y'all already know getting any of that stuff isn't easy. The scope itself is the rare mil issue variant, first focal plane with football style mil dot reticle.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/4518/V6rZUV.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5664/2CA5Ki.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2112/QNwzz8.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Scope package has left the building.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Good. I was temped.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Good. I was temped.
View Quote

I think you'd have been happy. That's scope package is as legit as it gets. There was nothing "clone" about it, as all of it was actual mil issue components. What I have replacing it is pretty cool too though, so it all worked out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#50]

I think you'd have been happy. That's scope package is as legit as it gets. There was nothing "clone" about it, as all of it was actual mil issue components. What I have replacing it is pretty cool too though, so it all worked out.
View All Quotes

Good. I was temped.

Oh, I know. I just don't need a 4th Mk4. Or to spend a shitload of money on another optic that will probably just sit around.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top