Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/4/2002 6:04:03 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I've been looking at one at my local shop. Other than the stock what's the difference between the M-21 and the National Match?

What would be a good price? this one is marked at $2600 but I think I can get it for about $2400.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:20:07 AM EDT
You can check the real deal at www.snipercentral.com/m21.htm

It has all the specs

What type of receiver is it? Back in the late 80's Smith Ent. made a bunch that was marked M21, M14, M14NM.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:46:21 AM EDT
THe only difference I can think of between the 2 is the stock is different on the m21. I do not believe it comes with a bipod. Both are offered with a douglas barrel with the option to upgrade to a krieger, hart or possibly even a custom blank.
The m21 does not coem with the scope mount or rings so you are looking at anothetr $300 or so for a decent ARMS mount setup.
What it comes down to for you is the stock what you need? When you scope the rifle will you be usng a cheekpiece (most likely) and is this the feel you want. IS the adjustable comb of the stock worthe the $400 to you? Do you like the stock springfield offeres or is there a better one out there from MacMillan? Weigh all your options and then decide
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:42:15 AM EDT
Thanks.

I think I'll just order a National Match.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:33:08 AM EDT
The M21 is the same as the Supermatch not a reg NM gun. The only difference is the adjustable comb height of the stock. Regular NM guns have medium weight barrels as the Supers have heavy barrels and oversized stocks. I have the Supermatch and put a scope on it. When you do this you need to raise your comb height via a cheek piece or the adj. stock available on the M21. The accuracy on my Super is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Top Top