BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Following this thread has me interested in hiring Fulton to rehab my carbine.  It's a Blue Sky import, so all GI, but it's been through a lot.  I looked at their web page, their "Step 1" is to buy a $25 box with a $10 handling fee from them to ship the gun, which would seem to put the customer in a hole before the gun leaves my house, which kinda goes up my ass sideways.  Would they actually refuse to work on a gun not shipped in one of their boxes?
View Quote

You would have to ask them. I've a couple of their boxes here since I've bought a couple and IMO their worth it. Your gun will be well protected from anything USPS can throw at it. You'll also have to pay the inspection fee. That's worth it also IMO

I had FA rebuild a "Blue" and it's as nice as a new issue USGI rifle IMO
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
$2200 is perhaps expensive now.

In ten years the going price might be 5K, with no new Carbines available at all
View Quote

It seems like with a carbine you never pay too much, you just buy early.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People tend to forget that there are only "x" number of USGI Carbines available, and demand for new production one's limited. Small businesses like Fulton will eventually go because of retirements and companies like Auto Ordnance only make what they can profit from
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People tend to forget that there are only "x" number of USGI Carbines available, and demand for new production one's limited. Small businesses like Fulton will eventually go because of retirements and companies like Auto Ordnance only make what they can profit from
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This realization is what made me spend $1,800 on a carbine last year, I’ve been wanting one for so long but the price always kept me away.

It would have been cheaper to buy one sooner but putting it off longer was only going to make it worse. It’s a really nice early gun and soon enough it will be worth more than I paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Following this thread has me interested in hiring Fulton to rehab my carbine.  It's a Blue Sky import, so all GI, but it's been through a lot.  I looked at their web page, their "Step 1" is to buy a $25 box with a $10 handling fee from them to ship the gun, which would seem to put the customer in a hole before the gun leaves my house, which kinda goes up my ass sideways.  Would they actually refuse to work on a gun not shipped in one of their boxes?
View Quote

If I was sending my carbine to Fulton, I would follow their procedures,
I'm thinking if you sent it in your box, they are probably going to send it back in theirs whether you ultimately decide to get the work done or not. - so, you probably getting charged one way or the other.

I have heard good things about their carbine work, but that being said,
are their specific problems with your carbine that you know need fixing? or are you unhappy with the accuracy of your carbine?

Pretty much every Carbine I have ever seen has been through a lot. :)

Mine is also a Blue Sky that I bought back in 1990 with no idea as to who they were. I ordered mine from Shotgun News and don't remember any mention of them.
If my receiver ever cracks or I need a new barrel, I would send it to Fulton.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You all are terrible/awesome influences. I think I'm going to get it fixed up and see what it would cost to refinish the parts that are being reused to get a like-new gun out of the crummy deal.  Then I'm going to go back to searching for a carbine in decent shape with some history behind it.
View Quote

I will be interested to see pictures and a range report when you get it back.

I would still ask if they can return the barrel/receiver with the refurbished carbine,
personally, I think this carbine has quite a history :)

ETA: Good luck in your quest for another carbine.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would still ask if they can return the barrel/receiver with the refurbished carbine,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You all are terrible/awesome influences. I think I'm going to get it fixed up and see what it would cost to refinish the parts that are being reused to get a like-new gun out of the crummy deal.  Then I'm going to go back to searching for a carbine in decent shape with some history behind it.

The OP BETTER post pictures

I just had a thought for the OP though. Since FA is using a new receiver instead of shipping the refurbed Carbine they'll have to ship it to a FFL since it'll be a "new" Carbine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]

I was a kid and there was a gun shop/bait store down the road.   I loved to go look at the guns.  Saw my first HK VP70 there.  Lots of surplus.  I saw an M1 Carbine with the same lever on it. I never knew it was actually an M2.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Update for the interested among you.  I had Fulton rebuild the whole thing with a new reciever and barrel along with the various new internal parts needed.  I also had them repark the old parts that were reused, so I basically have a NIB GI spec carbine.  My workshop is in shambles because of some renovations we are doing so these pictures aren't the best, but the rifle looks absolutely beautiful. I won't be able to shoot it for a while, but I'll bet she shoots great now.  I'm also going to keep my eyes open for a good deal on a genuine surplus rifle for the collection, but for now, this will do just fine.  Thanks for all the advice and pushing for me to make lemonade out of this situation.

I don't have the whole image hosting service thing down, but I do have a few pics if anyone can help me get them on here.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update for the interested among you.  I had Fulton rebuild the whole thing with a new reciever and barrel along with the various new internal parts needed.  I also had them repark the old parts that were reused, so I basically have a NIB GI spec carbine.  My workshop is in shambles because of some renovations we are doing so these pictures aren't the best, but the rifle looks absolutely beautiful. I won't be able to shoot it for a while, but I'll bet she shoots great now.  I'm also going to keep my eyes open for a good deal on a genuine surplus rifle for the collection, but for now, this will do just fine.  Thanks for all the advice and pushing for me to make lemonade out of this situation.

I don't have the whole image hosting service thing down, but I do have a few pics if anyone can help me get them on here.

View Quote

Send me a pm with your email address, I'll respond back then you can email me them and I'll post them up 1st chance I get
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would say go for it.  If Fulton does it your gun will be right.

Trying to find another shooter for $1k would be his or miss and there is no guarantee it would run any better.
View Quote
This.

Then you'll have a Fulton reworked M1 Carbine, which should be absolutely fantastic.

ETA:  I see you went this route; solid choice.

ETA2:  saw your other thread.  What a beauty!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top