User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Found a Polytech M14S in a local shop in Feb 2020 (so pre-panic, really) for $850.  It included 4 or 5 mags, a GI fiberglass stock that was painted with texture paint and some other small bits.  Seems like new.  I haven't shot it yet.

I have a nice GI walnut stock to put it in, but haven't yet.  I don't think nice GI stocks can still be found for $40 though.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found a Polytech M14S in a local shop in Feb 2020 (so pre-panic, really) for $850.  It included 4 or 5 mags, a GI fiberglass stock that was painted with texture paint and some other small bits.  Seems like new.  I haven't shot it yet.

https://www.teddydog.org/guns/m14/polytech_m14s_right_small.jpg

I have a nice GI walnut stock to put it in, but haven't yet.  I don't think nice GI stocks can still be found for $40 though.
View Quote

Nice snag! ... You've got the perfect base platform right there to build a 'Shughart M14' clone (less the FunSwitch).
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a M1A Scout Squad NIB for $1800 in 2009. A few years later they were going for about $500 cheaper. They’re back in that higher range again but will probably go back down once this panic is over. Part of me wished I would have waited and gotten it for cheaper but I had deployment money burning a hole in my pocket and I have really enjoyed the rifle so it’s not a big deal.

But if you really want a nicer Fulton then I wouldn’t buy a Springfield for a high price. Either cough up for what you really want or buy a M1 from the CMP to scratch the itch and save while waiting for prices to come down on a Fulton.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a M1A Scout Squad NIB for $1800 in 2009. A few years later they were going for about $500 cheaper. They’re back in that higher range again but will probably go back down once this panic is over. Part of me wished I would have waited and gotten it for cheaper but I had deployment money burning a hole in my pocket and I have really enjoyed the rifle so it’s not a big deal.

But if you really want a nicer Fulton then I wouldn’t buy a Springfield for a high price. Either cough up for what you really want or buy a M1 from the CMP to scratch the itch and save while waiting for prices to come down on a Fulton.
View Quote

I already have an M1, but I am beginning to question wether one M1A is worth two Garands.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks, I thought those were only in Canada, I'll keep an eye out.
View Quote
They have been since 1994

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Just bought a New SOCOM from PSA $1,499 more than I wanted to pay but in todays panic buying seems fair.
I now have the big four. M1A, FAL, PTR91, AR10

Friend bought a SOCOM used for $1000 with G.I. mags. That deal is only because he knew the guy and he originally sold him the mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top