Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2017 8:30:27 PM EDT
I was surprised when I started to field strip her down to find this. Exactly what do I have here? Original HRA BBL 3/55 and stock? L.E.A.D. with triangle stamp on original stock? Is this common to happen with a CMP purchase?

I am totally satisfied

Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Prob original arsenal rebuild and not uber rare to get a LEAD rebuild just depends on what the CMP is processing. CMP seems to have got into a batch of US issued Garands that needed very little work or non before going sales in the last few months, for awhile they were shipping alot of CMP parts builds SG/FG on refinished recvrs.

Nice Garand I'd be pleased getting that one...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The HRA BBL 3/55 is MW-2 TE-3 . When separating the WRA trigger housing the stock lock up appeared to be loose. When I have time I will post some more pictures.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The triangle is the LEAD rebuild marking they put on the stocks.  Collectible on it's own and goes well with the LEAD marked leg.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my old man carried an HRA in Korea at the age of 18 so I'm pretty excited about getting the HRA. The LEAD is a nice follow-up to add to my collection so I'm pretty excited. As soon as I have sometime I'm going to post a few more pics.

Thanks very much
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Protect that orange triangle on the stock.  That adds a lot of value as that is a LEAD stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top