Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2017 2:04:42 AM EDT
Need something more powerful than the 2 power it has, saw a pic of a weaver k6 once liked that. would like to stay with a vintage scope if possible, all ideas appreciated hopefully up to 6X, can be fixed power. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Need something more powerful than the 2 power it has, saw a pic of a weaver k6 once liked that. would like to stay with a vintage scope if possible, all ideas appreciated hopefully up to 6X, can be fixed power. Thanks for any help.
View Quote

Those aren't officially "legal" for CMP Vintage Sniper matches.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If you put a different scope on an A4, then it won't technically be an A4 any longer.  LOL.    I wonder if they ever put a different scope on during Vietnam.......  On an A4....  Hmmmm......

Wasn't the Lyman Alaskan a 4x?  I forget now.......  I think this one is an alaskan on a winchester or Remington Off the shelf purchase......

I've got a nice weaver K4 but I sill think that would look not quite right on an A4

I shot my 03A3 yesterday.   Love that gun.  Just thought I'd share.    I wouldn't mind if you shared a pic of you A4.  I wanted to turn my A3 into a scoped replica but dang, it's not an easy task to perform.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy rings (for 1" tube scopes) that will work fine in the original mount (I had a Weaver K4 on my 03A4 and a Weaver 2.5 for years, off and on when I hunted with it.)  

It wears the old 3/4" tube skinny cross hair scope these days but I seldom shoot it.

I would not drill/tap/grind on an original 03A3 to make it an A4 clone.  You can buy A4 clones (A3's somebody else tore up.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top