Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2017 12:32:18 PM EDT
Is the Sadlak aluminum mount a good one to use?

Is there any mount that doesn't require you to remove the stripper clip guide on the top of the rifle?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's a good mount.   Supposedly.  

I run my 3rd Gen Springfield mount without the stripper clip attachment.  It actually seemed to alleviate a wandering zero on that mount....    But on other mounts it's probably a good thing and just makes it that much more stable.  

I wouldn't consider the springy mount a "good" mount.  It works for me but I'd probably be better off with something different, of higher quality.  Or even the bassett....  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm running the Sadlak Aluminum mount on my loaded M1A and have no complaints so far. Only about 250-300 rounds through it, but zero issues thus far. All screws were installed with Loctite 222MS per the instructions and zero has stayed rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used the SAI mounts and they do leave a lot to be desired. I do not have personal experience with Sadlak mounts, but I know those that use them and like them, also they have a good reputation among users.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it's a good mount.   Supposedly.  

I run my 3rd Gen Springfield mount without the stripper clip attachment.  It actually seemed to alleviate a wandering zero on that mount....    But on other mounts it's probably a good thing and just makes it that much more stable.  

I wouldn't consider the springy mount a "good" mount.  It works for me but I'd probably be better off with something different, of higher quality.  Or even the bassett....  
http://i.imgur.com/DoPDs7Z.jpg
View Quote
I love the rifle and to each his own- but you know you can pick up a cheek riser for like 10-15 dollars and get rid of the duck tape ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind?  I've tried one type.  I forget the brand name, but it was like one of them strap on ones that had like a cushion underneath some canvas material.  It was dumb.  The cushion was too soft and it didn't really do anything but annoy me.   I've never tried the strap on blackhawk ones cuz I'm too cheap.  Plus after trying the first one I got soured on it.  I really didn't like all the straps and stuff too, it just made it annoying.  

Why you hating?    This works just fine for me.  I can still use the irons with it this way but yet it gives me a bit more for my face to rest against.  It's in good company like that.  

(I threw that 3rd pic in there because that's not a mount I typically see on a more modern scoped M14.  That looks like a springy mount.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The Bassett mount works great and does not require removing your clip guide.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I use Bassett low Picatinny. Rock solid, no movement or loosening. It cam be removed/replaced and stays within 1MOA.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
What are the second and fourth rails pictured?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't really know.  I know Springfield used something similar for their Socom II......
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the second and fourth rails pictured?
View Quote
KAC rail
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I use an Sadlak Aluminum on my M1A Loaded. Had no issues with it. I only have about 100 rounds through it but it's held it's zero so far.

Note: I have no experiance with other mounts so take that for what it's worth
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#12]
The VLTOR CASV-14  looks pretty good but you have to remove the stripper clip guide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top