Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2002 3:43:35 PM EDT
hey guys,

I've got A line on an M1 Carbine which i haven't seen yet.
The guy who has it isn't terribly knowlegdeable but he told me the markings on the rifle are

"Trimble, Tennessee" and
"NPM FJA 4057xxx"

Can anyone give me any input about this carbine?
I presume that national postal meter is the maufactureer and they were located in Trimble , Tn
anyone know if this is correct
I am Presuming thats what the "NPM" standss for..is this right?
What about the and FJA... What do those letters signify?

I'm thinking that 4057xxx is a serial number, but as i said, i havent seen the rifle yet and the owner isnt up on these things.

If you can determine the maufacturer from this limited info, quality and guestimates on value (he says it is in "great shape" ) would be helpful

thanks guys for helping me despite this vague information

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:37:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's logical to assume that NPM is National Postal Meter. FJA sounds like a stock marking. That would be the initials of the commander of the Ordinance Department at the time the weapon was accepted. I suggest trying www.jouster.com. You will find some real carbine experts there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#2]
70ss454,
FJA is the initials of Inspector Frank J Atwood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top