Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:46:29 PM EDT
Are there any pistol grip M1A stocks available. I would prefer a synthetic pistol grip. I know there are some great ones out there. But the ones I have found cost more than I paid for my M1A 15 years ago. I do have a Choate side fold with pistol grip. I find that thin Choate butt stock a little hard on the shoulder. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:46:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:57:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Duskykiller:
Are there any pistol grip M1A stocks available. I would prefer a synthetic pistol grip...

With all of the recent innovations in M14 stocks why do you limit yourself to a synthetic?
As for cost – nothing in the M14 world is cheap. Have you looked at the price of today’s M1A ‘s?

Check out the new JAE-100, the soon to be released TROY CBR and the battle tested SAGE EBR stocks.

HTH, and good luck with your quest ~
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 9:33:40 PM EDT by VinnieBoomBah]
Check with Fred's they have them listed almost at the bottom of the page. Or did you not mean E2 stocks?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VinnieBoomBah:
Check with Fred's they have them listed almost at the bottom of the page. Or did you not mean E2 stocks?

I like the idea of the E2 stock (although I think the design could use just a bit of tweaking to improve the curves). But WHY oh WHY hasn't anyone offered them in synthetic? I know that it may seem hard to believe, but there are a few of us who actually prefer synthetic over wood. And it'd be nice to get an E2 in black. I haven't seen a SAGE, or other modular-style, carbine stock that I could stand. I think maybe I saw a McMillan that I liked, but talk about expensive!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:57 AM EDT
about 22 years ago at the soldier of fortune convention i saw and handled a m1a with a black e2 synthetic stock. i can't remenber if it was by choate or ? buy choate was there and handing out cia letter openers. but at one time they did offer one. if you find one let us know as i want one too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:14:57 AM EDT
I quite agree, they are not cheap. I used to use a BM-59 stock, but now they are hard to come by. But after a while I discovered it was not really what I wanted.

I actually contiplated building my own, but by the time I added up the component costs, my time and the crap shoot that I would screw it up or would not like it I just decided to bite the bullet and get a Sage. What sold me is when I fondled one at a gun show. No regrets.

Do a search on sage here and you should get enough feedback.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 5:54:14 PM EDT by rlc]

Originally Posted By FlameRed:
I quite agree, they are not cheap. I used to use a BM-59 stock, but now they are hard to come by. But after a while I discovered it was not really what I wanted.

I actually contiplated building my own, but by the time I added up the component costs, my time and the crap shoot that I would screw it up or would not like it I just decided to bite the bullet and get a Sage. What sold me is when I fondled one at a gun show. No regrets.

Do a search on sage here and you should get enough feedback.

are you talking about the nigerian model at Reese,
look here

reese surplus

click on BM 59

eta: been thinking about ordering one for myself,
if that's it, pro's and con's??
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
No, I did not have the Nigeria model. I had a folder. It was the bottom one (#22A) pictured here:

But they are no longer available.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:39:12 PM EDT
McMillan makes a PG synthetic stock,...but it aint cheap.

M2A
Top Top