Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 10:28:43 AM EDT
Well, here is how my weekend shopiing trip turned out.

Went to a gun show looking for some poor sould wanting to get rid of a M1A cheap, none could be found.  There was only one expensive M1a and one very beat Polytech.  Waited for an hour or so for anyone to show up fitting my description, none.  

On my way home I decide to stop in a couple gun shops and check-out the consignment racks.  Still none.  At this point I think I am going to be stuck with a tax refund check that just wont spend.

Get home and in my e-mail inbox is a message from a friend who is familiar with my quest, he says he found one at shop a couple days ago.  Go to check on it and it's gone.  On my out the door though, in comes a guy carrying a Springfield box.  I decide to wait around.  I eavesdropeed in on the conversation.  It turns out that this guy bought this a couple days before, he tried hiding it from his significant other and got busted.  He's trying to return it (not going to happen).  Anyway, I step in and we start discussing business.  Here is how I did.

SA M1A, Collector model MA9101 w/walnut stock NIB.
- Has USGI trigger housing & op-rod! (Wow!), NM front sight (I dont think the rear is though)
- 2 20 rnd mags marked "BRW S-1"
- 1 140 rnd. battle-pack of SA ammo headstamped "7.62 R1M1" and "WA 80"

I do not know these bolt markings.  "7790186-SA" over "A00035".  What do they mean?

http://www.clevelandhurricanes.com/images/newm1a.jpg

All for the cost of $1200.  Sounded like a good deal to me.

Now the search begins for bayonets, cleaning kits and slings...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The bolt is a commercial cast Springfield Armory, Inc. M1A bolt.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn..  That's gonna go.. Real fast.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking rifle, congrats on your purchase!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal for you, seller should have spent a bit more time before he "bought" his SO. Should have got his number as she'll probably make him sell off all his guns sooner or later.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet rifle.  Good score.

Max
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Some guys have all the luck. Nice rifle
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a sweet looking M1A. That stock looks almost laminate in the wood grain, which is very nice. Congrat's!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top