Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 8:18:02 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
Here's the rest of the memo about the problem with rain. Ordnance had a real problem with this, as we were in WW2 already.

I hope some of this data helps.

So guys what do you think about this file??
Sorry about the post again I am dealing with old microfilm.

[email protected]
I hope you enjoy.

http://www.garandm1rifle.com

If you need a larger copy just email me.
Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read this data.
Clancy
PS I do need HITS on my TWO sites. I have to ask or the sites wil go down. I can only ask for this on a few sites I post to.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump......I had the same thing happen to me when I first started shooting M-1's. I was used to the CLP and let her dry of the M16.

Gotta keep it as greasy as a Pimps hair on a saturday night. That's the advice I got.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Clancy, thanks for sharing that with us.  Now I recall reading the part about the garden hose.  Imagine, someone hosing you down as you rapid fired!  Hmmmmm.....makes me think that we should do that at Camp Perry when the head is up to 102 again!  I know I would have liked it.

Interestingly enough, I don't use grease in my Garand at all.  Never have.  When I got it, I removed all rements of the accumulated grease on the metal, dried it out, then installed Militec-1.  I just renew it from time to time.  The Militec is a "dry" lube and has been used by the military. I use it in all of my many semi-autos with fine success.  It attaches itself into the microfissures in the metal and the parts just slide perfectly without any mess of regular grease.  Of course, I have not been hosed down while shooting and wonder it the Militec would work under those circumstances.  You can get a sample here:

http://www.militec-1.com/

And no, I'm not a Militec salesmen....just a collector.

Keep your eyes open for any field reports about failures during the invasion.  I would love to know if they had stoppages but they just weren't reported.  

Rome
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Sir,
It gets weird so. What Ordnance did will make you crazy. Ordnance didn't ask Mr Garand about this problem until they had it fixed. (NOT) You might have read some of these files I had posted on my web sites about problems with the M1. What is really bad is that we were at WAR
Thanks again
Clancy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top