Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:37:03 PM EDT
I just bought a SA M1A Standard and am so tickled. I have owned a Springfield and a Polytech before, and enjoyed both (sold the Poly to buy the used SA, reluctantly sold the SA to help get a Jeep). Now I have a brand spanking new M1A again.
I can't wait to throw some rounds down range.

I went with the Standard as I have no intent of ever competing, and wanted to fill the hole in my "U.S. Military arms of the 20th Century" collection. I now have every major rifle used from '03 to the present in one or more specimens. I figured G.I.'s never had NM, so why should I??? Next will be a Krag to round out the 1st three years of the century.

Anyone have experience or pointers for swapping out the PC flash hider for a USGI one? The bayonette I've had in my gunsafe all this time is lonely...

Time to go load magazines.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:38:40 PM EDT
i bought a springfield loaded. 2 years ago.

thats probably my favorite rifle that i own.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:02:15 PM EDT
A NM FH with a bayonet lug is what you want.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:16 AM EDT
I have wanted to buy an M14 for years but I keep putting it off for just one more AR-15, another AR-10, another FAL, another AK, another handgun... another something...

I would like some advise on the quality of current M1As from Springfiled as I do shot DCM (well I used to) and I would like a decent gun that I could use when my mousegun wasn't allowed... we have a few 308 only shoots and I know some are limited to just the M1 but a few will allow the M1As.

How is the current quality?

Do I buy a tricked out gun or do I buy a basic and have someone upgrade it for me?

Is springfield selling these with the proper Non-Ban features again as god knows I would want to mount a bayonet on my DCM/CMP match rifle some day
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zamo:
I went with the Standard as I have no intent of ever competing, and wanted to fill the hole in my "U.S. Military arms of the 20th Century" collection.

Ditto that. I liked the Standard black stock and even the moonshoe recoil thingy. I just like the Standard model. And so far after two months and 300 or so match reloads I am VERY happy with the reliability and accuracy of this gun. I don't expect to be able to print clover leafs at 300 yards, but I think I can get close.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:23 AM EDT
Mine is stock but has a NM barrel.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:24:56 PM EDT
Well, knowing a thread is worthless without pics...here it is. I went to the W.A.C. show on saturday to try and find a flash hider with a bayo lug...no dice. I'll be ordering one here tomorrow or so. Still haven't shot it. It looks so pretty, I am kind of afraid to...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
Zamo nice rifle.

Don't fight the feeling. Shoot it and enjoy it.

Max
Top Top