Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:54:16 PM EDT
Can't decide which Aimpoint to get for my SOCOM 16. I'm looking for something ideal for mid-range. I'm kind of debating between the CompM3 & the CompM2. What do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:03:36 PM EDT
M3. Longer battery life, a 2 MOA dot option, can go deeper underwater (I SCUBA, and would take my rifle just to say I did--if I dove at all in the US) etc, and for only a few dollars more.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:19:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GnrlLee01:
Can't decide which Aimpoint to get for my SOCOM 16. I'm looking for something ideal for mid-range. I'm kind of debating between the CompM3 & the CompM2. What do you guys suggest?

x2 for the CompM3, smaller dot and incredible batteries lifetime (50,000 hours with one bat.)

www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=258&product_id=115
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:28:16 PM EDT
Where's the cheapest place to buy these online?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:51 PM EDT
Is the only difference between the M3 and the ML3 the compatability w. NightVisionDevices? If so it looks like the ML3 would be the better/cheaper way for me to go seeing as I don't plan on using NVD.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
Have you considered this one?

www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=262&product_id=20

The 2x magnification works great, even in a scout mount. Parallax-free, both eyes open, no problem. And that little bit of magnification makes a big difference at medium distances.

I LOVE mine...this combo is quickly becoming one of my favorite .308 packages. My G3 and FAL mostly stay at home now when I head to the range.

Have a good one!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:30 PM EDT
Correct, the M3 is NV compatible and the ML3 is the other kind.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:10:50 PM EDT
Looks SWEET Timothy. $427 seems to be the going rate for the ML3 on the web. Now I just need to decide between the 4MOA & 2MOA. I read something that says the 4MOA is better balanced for speed & accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:57:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GnrlLee01:
Looks SWEET Timothy. $427 seems to be the going rate for the ML3 on the web. Now I just need to decide between the 4MOA & 2MOA. I read something that says the 4MOA is better balanced for speed & accuracy.

My ML2x2 is 2MOA. I have to admit, on most settings, the dot does have slightly fuzzy edges. The 4MOA dot has a cleaner edge, but it covers up more of the target. Kind of depends on what you're looking for. I suggest trying to get your hands on both, if possible, and seeing which you're most comfotable with.

In the end, either is good choice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 4:04:38 PM EDT by twonami]
The little "waffle iron" of a mount attached to the barrel gets mighty toasty. When I had my Aimpoint on there it got really friggen hot but it was still okay.
Rifle suffered from too many malfs and I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:10:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
The little "waffle iron" of a mount attached to the barrel gets mighty toasty. When I had my Aimpoint on there it got really friggen hot but it was still okay.

What kind of malfs did you get?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 6:41:37 PM EDT by twonami]

Originally Posted By timothy585:

Originally Posted By twonami:

What kind of malfs did you get?

My saga begins
I e-mailed them several times but never got a response.
I should have taken pics but I bought the gun right to the shop everytime it FUBAR'd
Top Top