Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:30:03 PM EDT
It has a Poly Tech receiver built on a like-new all TRW parts kit. Barrel gauges just above "0" at the chamber. It has been semi-NM'd by Ronnie Morrison out of Madison, TN.

-Whole rifle mil-spec parked to match
-Reamed flash hider
-NM trigger job
-NM op-rod spring guide
-Unitized gas cylinder
-Bedded USGI synthetic stock done by Whammo-Cammo in "Iraq -n- Roll" desert/loam pattern with matching handguard.

Sights are standard, not NM. It has an ARMS #18 mount on it with a 10X Super Sniper in ARMS #20 high rings and a Blackhawk OD green lace-on cheekrest.

So, what is it reasonably worth---with and without scope/mount? If I decide to sell I don't want to come up short or ask too much.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Base Polytech: $700+
TRW Parts Kit:  $1100+
USGI Bolt Conversion and repark: $150
NM Conditioning/Modifications: $300+
Wammo Cammo Stock:  $150

So, it would cost about $2400 (not including optics) to duplicate your rifle at todays prices.  It would be tough selling a chicom rifle anywhere near that.  But you might get close if you part it out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be a real shame to part it out.

Sounds like a real fine, "best of everything" rifle, assuming of course that the bolt and barrel were installed correctly, and I have no reason to doubt that they were.

If you can find someone who appreciates what it is, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting on the high side of $1500 for it. How much higher, I don't know. To the unknowledgable it's going to be a Chinese rifle with some GI parts--hard to see a $1000 offer from such a person.

You prolly won't be able to get top dollar for it quickly, or locally. Might have to put it on Gunbroker or offer it here or on the M14 forum to get a really good price for it.

Good luck finding it a good home.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the uninformed will hear "PolyTech receiver" and nothing after that, despite the fact that shy of an LRB it's the closest to an original GI forged one. And they'll miss the TRW parts kit portion of it. Some people are ignorant I guess!

I was thinking around $1500 without the scope/mount, so your estimate is in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Value is largely determined by what somebody will pay. I'd guess $1500 w/o the scope and mount, too. I recently sold a SA fully NM conditioned(Ronnie Morris) with all USGI parts except the SS barrle for $1500 and thought it was fair. Problem is always finding a buyer that understands what you're selling. BTW, that rifle was a tackdriver and I was stupid to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Base Polytech: $700+
TRW Parts Kit:  $1100+
USGI Bolt Conversion and repark: $150
NM Conditioning/Modifications: $300+
Wammo Cammo Stock:  $150

So, it would cost about $2400 (not including optics) to duplicate your rifle at todays prices.  It would be tough selling a chicom rifle anywhere near that.  But you might get close if you part it out.

Are TRW parts really worth that much? I have FED ORD gun that's all TRW except the receiver of course.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
YEP a TRW parts kit sold on m-14 for 1450.00 a week or so ago
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
YEP a TRW parts kit sold on m-14 for 1450.00 a week or so ago

I saw that as well.  IIRC, all/most parts were new in wrap.  Sounds like a crazy price but value of USGI parts are only going to go up.  It will probably sound like a bargain a year from now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my TRW parts kit from a guy out of Des Plaines, Il, for $900 about a year ago. As recently as 6 months ago he wanted a hundred bucks more for TRW, so I bought an all Winchester kit for $900 last November. The Winnie kit is built on an Armscorp M-21 marked receiver, has been Duracoated the parkerized color, and sits in a Fred's USGI synthetic stock (it's weatherproof).

All 3 kits I bought (one of the Winnies was for a friend) were as advertised---EXCELLENT condition. All 3 barrels gauged close to "0". No rewelded op rods.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering I paid $1500 for a SA NM 4 digit unfired preban all GI rifle [less reciever] I figure you could pull 13-$1400.00 out of it. You might get more but it will be from someone who really knows what he will be getting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bought my TRW parts kit from a guy out of Des Plaines, Il, for $900 about a year ago. As recently as 6 months ago he wanted a hundred bucks more for TRW, so I bought an all Winchester kit for $900 last November. The Winnie kit is built on an Armscorp M-21 marked receiver, has been Duracoated the parkerized color, and sits in a Fred's USGI synthetic stock (it's weatherproof).

All 3 kits I bought (one of the Winnies was for a friend) were as advertised---EXCELLENT condition. All 3 barrels gauged close to "0". No rewelded op rods.  

I hope you started this thread just to brag up your rifle. If so, please post pics. You obviously know enough about M14 clones to know that you shouldn't sell that Poly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you started this thread just to brag up your rifle. If so, please post pics. You obviously know enough about M14 clones to know that you shouldn't sell that Poly.

I know . I'm not really sure I'm going to sell it. Just getting a feel for it's value if the need arises. I guess I've got an idea of it's worth by this point. While I personally don't have the ability to post pics, perhaps I'll get my buddy (the recipient of the other Winnie kit) to take some of my rig later this week when I'm off and forward them to someone who can host them.

Sukebe, you're right: I should lose my "M-14 Holder's Card" for even suggesting a sale!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#12]
ABNAK - Who Duracoted the  rifle? I talked to Hank G. about doing my M14S. How's it look? I'm thinking about matt black.  Only thing left to do is the unitizing(this week) and it'll be ready to finish if it shoots good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ABNAK - Who Duracoted the  rifle? I talked to Hank G. about doing my M14S. How's it look? I'm thinking about matt black.  Only thing left to do is the unitizing(this week) and it'll be ready to finish if it shoots good.

Yeah, Hank G. did it. It looks great. He used the standard park color on mine and his Winnie kits. However, he recently did an M1 Garand and M1 Carbine with an ever-so-slight addition of OD green to it for that WWII gray/greenish look. That combo looks even better. You can't really even see the "green" aspect to it, it just has a slightly different shade to it than the regular park color alone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
To sell it for top dollar, post it on www.gunbroker.com, www.m-14forum.com and www.warrifles.com.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top