Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:15:03 AM EDT
Has anyone tried using the smaller Compact ACOG on the M1A?  If so, do you have any photos?  I just got an M1A as a patrol rifle last night and I realized I has a 1.5x16 Compact ACOG at home so I wanted to put them together for a <75 yard-use patrol rifle (realistic for where I work), but haven't ever seen this done before.

Will the compact ACOG stand up to a .308?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Will the compact ACOG stand up to a .308?

Absolutely. I had one an an AR10 for awhile.

You should also have enough eye relief with the 1.5X model. I've seen pictures of ACOGS on M1As before in service; the TA01 is less ideal with such a short eye relief.

I installed a forward scout mount on my Bush rifle and topped it with an Aimpoint. VERY happy with this setup.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
AR15 height optics generally don't mix well with other rifles.  It can be done, but the results look awkward to use.  Can you say "chin weld"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top