Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:59:28 PM EDT
Hello:  Just bought an M1a Bush rifle.  Got it NIB for $1400.00.  Is that a good price? Also, was wondering if you can put a scout model forward rail on it and where you would get one at?  Any info would be great.  Thanks, John
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep they're "scout-able" and the springfield mounts are available used on the various gun forums and auction sites. Or new directly from SA. Id suggest used myself for considerably less. Last one I bought was $75 WITH a USGI fiberglass stock :) HTH
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the "Bush" models are older models and that's a plus besides the great rifle if it has some usgi parts in good shape, as there prices are going through the roof and the parts make it worth more to most.
There's also Rooster33's scout type rail for you too if you want it and can be bought from Brownell's if they have them in stock or straight from Rooster33. It will leave your optic a bit more forward and seems to work well for an Aimpoint or Eotech, but seems a bit far for most scopes. The mount will cost you 70.00, but if you want to use a scope, get some Weaver rings and see if you can get one of Smith's discontinued steel Weaver mounts that their burning out on sale.

Rooster33 mount

Smith Weaver  mount
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Also, was wondering if you can put a scout model forward rail on it - ?  Any info would be great.

If it were me I would look at a Knight's RAS for that Bush rifle.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought a used one from somewhere and put it on my Bush rifle and it works great on mine....i use it in the place of the ARMS 18 that i used to have......it works great with my aimpoints (actually better than the ARMS)......you just mount it on the barrel and cut a hole in the top handguard....D I C K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top