Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:55:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 2:50:33 PM EDT by peasant]
Ordered an "As New" stock w/ "very good to excellent buttplate". The stock fits the description. It's clearly been on a rifle (even had a paper glued under the butt plate that said E -11 W -0). Part of my ongoing Polytech project that is moving ahead one....... step........ at a time.............Trigger job is happening now and unitizing will be next. Just installed a Sadlak op spring guide. Beautiful thing.
ETA - it's a synthetic for $60.00. I'm a believer in synthetic. I'm hoping the fit is good and won't need bedding. If not, it'll be going to Ronnie Morris. Pretty decent and came w/ a handguard and assorted paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:51:11 PM EDT
Been thinking about going to a synthetic stock for my M1A. Anyone know the general condition of Fred Syn stocks that go for under $100?

Did you choose wood or synthetic?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:32:01 PM EDT
I ordered the "As New, Synthetic, w/exc-as new buttplate - An as new stock with an exc-as new buttplate (most of the buttplates will be as new - a nice combination, nearly as good-lookin as the Presentation Grade, at far less the cost! It's priced at $85.00.

The package even contained items that I did not order. I thought it was Christmas in February. I was very happy with the condition of the synthetic stock and the time it took for it to arrive. I definitely recommend ordering from Fred.

http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/stocks.asp
Top Top