Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 6:36:44 AM EDT
I'm looking for a fiberglass, pistol grip stock for my M1A. Has anyone dealt with or heard of preferred customs?
Check out a product they are selling
http://www.trackpads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=24

Thanks,
Prib
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not do ANY business with Preferredcustoms. I bought one of the custom M1A stocks from him and had some minor issues with it. I tried to talk to him about resolving these issues and even provided my phone number so he could call and discuss them.   I called and left messages, but was never called back.  We had no problem corresponding when I was buying the stock, but when I had some issues, the correspondence stopped abruptly.

I sent the stock back for a refund and didn't hear back from him, nor get a refund. I've sent him many, many e-mails and PMs and only got several e-mails back - all filled with profanities.  His last e-mail simply stated "Blow me".

Never got my money back - he stole $150 from me.

There are better dealers and better stocks out there. -- BEWARE
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think if you do a search on Warrifles.com the M14 forum or Amback.com you will find your answer.

I believe Coulter posted on WR.com about his dealing with PCC and was chastised, edited and later bannished....while PCC made claim as to delivering a stock 4 or 5 times to one guy to the wrong address and it kept coming back....why ship something to the same addy 4 times if you have a wrong addy is beyond me but that person was also bannished from WR.com.

Here is an interesting read where Jeff at PCC goes from the artist, to the I didn't do it to he was the victim and being pursiciuted buy those he stole from with intent to defraud others

www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12794&highlight=

Karsten
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw nothing worth getting banned for from this post and I want to know about a buisness that bad. You got banned for telling the truth.

salute for telling us. Heck with WR.com
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
What was the problem with the stock?

Cosmetic? Structural?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#5]
2 issues:
1-There was a small crack running the circumference of the pistol grip where it was joined to the stock.  

2-The angle between the pistol grip and stock was too great and it "pinched" the web of my hand.  There wasn't enough room to get a comfortable grip.  I now own 2 M14E2 wood stocks that work great.

Actually, that was another guy Karsten referenced, he was really berated by Jeff Frick (preferredcustoms) in another thread.  There's more than one unhappy customer out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top