Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry but that's fugly as heck...What a friggin' waste of an M1A...why do that to it?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]
M1A on crack  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but that's fugly as heck...What a friggin' waste of an M1A...why do that to it?

Because we can!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]
MY EYES, MY EYES!!!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Nevermind the haters. The Sage is nice, I used to own one. The main problem with it in my mind is the weight. Just ruins the balance of the M1A. Not impressed with the stripper clip picatinny rail as an optics mount either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just another excuse to post a picture of my U.S.N. MK14 Mod O SEI -

Fully dressed for the camera:

All business:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/expert244/IMG_0348.jpg
SA 18" w/ Mk.14 stock.  Nightforce optional.  Oh yeah, it's not a .22

Sarge, that you?  I'd recognize that beast of a rifle anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is sexier IMO
img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-02.jpg

WOW nice...........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Makes me want to say "Skuze me while I whip this out!" put a shortened wood stock on it...It's easier to give someone the ol buttstoke if you actually have a butt to do it with. I like the concept though...(lose the bipod...)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The Sage stock looks like something the A-team whipped up in an episode.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/Nic4433/M1A-2.jpg

Kewl gun Nic... but then again I'm biased to that look myself...

BTW... is that a Springfield 2nd Gen 4-14X56 scope on there? Looks just like mine...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we can!!!!!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/CTinNV/Oct1201.jpg

hy You people are just wrong!   head.gif
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
All business:
www.athenswater.com/images/MK14EO_R.JPG

More like all FUGLY.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All business:

More like all FUGLY.

It's a FUGLY business, but somebody has to do it.

My rifle at it's FUGLIEST...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]
You get the FUGLY award...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Does THIS make it look less FUGLY?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

50UNIT,

Very nice.  Your not in the wrong FORUM.  You are in the M1 & M1A Forum, exactly where you should be.  You have a versitile weapon that many down-range would love to have.

I'm sure the SIGHT PICTURE  is just beautiful!

H20Man,

I knew you could not keep quite on this one!

Take Care,

Tony
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW... is that a Springfield 2nd Gen 4-14X56 scope on there? Looks just like mine...

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/walkerj_bil/DSCN2520.jpg

Now thats a nice rifle.  And yes my scope is a SA 4-14x56.

Nic
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.photobucket.com/albums/e218/expert244/IMG_0348.jpg

50UNIT,

Very nice.  Your not in the wrong forum.  You have a versitile weapon that many down-range would love to have.

H20Man,

I knew you could keep quite on this one!

Take Care,

Tony

Yes, he is.  I didn't say wrong website, but wrong FORUM.

ETA:  Yes, I see now it was moved.  My Active Topics makes it easy to assume it's still in the same spot it was originally.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.photobucket.com/albums/e218/expert244/IMG_0348.jpg

50UNIT,

Very nice.  Your not in the wrong FORUM.  You are in the M1 & M1A Forum, exactly where you should be.  You have a versitile weapon that many down-range would love to have.

H20Man,

I knew you could not keep quite on this one!

Take Care,

Tony

This was moved from the AR-15 Discussion forum
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/walkerj_bil/DSCN2520.jpg

now THAT i like
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:21:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Very nice weapon.  Frankly, I would ditch the stripper clip approach (e.g. USN MK14) to scope mounting and go with the side mounting approach ala USAF MK 14 (MK14 SEI).  Also, the 101st has gone completely this mounting system when using a Sage stock, as have most Army divisions.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#23]
If you configure your AR to look like anything other than this - is it a fugly, absolute abortion?

Why would anyone do this?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does THIS make it look less FUGLY?

Nope.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Nice Rifle. The M1A is a sound weapon and the Sage makes it a Tank, I like mine.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#26]
M4ism, bastardization, ruining a classic rifle, whatever you guys want to call it, it is the advancement of the M14 making more stable for receiver to trigger group fit keeping it tight with no need for bedding, gives it the use of a pistol grip and a vertical grip which for most is a more comfortable and more natural way to hold the rifle to aim and control the recoil better, picattiny rails on the forend top, bottom and sides for more modern attachment of various accessories like grips, bipods, lights, lasers and sling swivels.

It gives you the advantage the M4 improved to of having a stock that can adjust to a persons LOP and needed cheekweld, and than another users very quickly. It won't be effected by tempature, humidity, or any moisture that can change the POI on traditional stocks. Then if you were to drop it, bang it, bump it and slam it, it won't break were a more traditonal stock could be history.
Personal taste is one thing and that's why all of the M14 maniacs are lucky, as we have many more choices for all of us. I love the look and feel of a traditional wood stock, but hate the need to bed it to get maximum accuracy and than need to rebed it when that wears out. I love the fiberglass usgi's and aftermarkets like McMillan's and LAW483's, but they still are not the same if you want this kind of setup useability and still either wear out the receiver fit or need to be rebedded.

Like it or not, that's your right to your own taste and preference, but this is just advancement of the great M14 system that has given it a more modern fitting into a tactical fighting outlook were it would have not had as much of the new life given to it that it has now.
If you call this M4ism, that's fine than the Troy SopMod II which takes it even closer raising the stock higher and taking off and replacing the sights with M4 style sights for a better sight plane and better fit with more optics that don't work as well on the traditional M14 optic/stock setup like he Trijicon ACOG, ...............you'll really love. There are the major reasons that this was looked to in the first place and I sure as hell don't need an M4 when I could have this. The M14 doesn't have the gas system problems that a M4 does and shits were it eats putting more heat and fouling on the bolt/receiver, is a steel rifle, not aluminum and still light enough, is very reliable in all kinds of environment and lays down the more powerful 7.62mm round that will do more at long ranges than just punch holes in paper.  hell

Troy's SopmodII

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
M4ism, bastardization, ruining a classic rifle, whatever you guys want to call it, it is the advancement of the M14 making more stable for receiver to trigger group fit keeping it tight with no need for bedding, gives it the use of a pistol grip and a vertical grip which for most is a more comfortable and more natural way to hold the rifle to aim and control the recoil better, picattiny rails on the forend top, bottom and sides for more modern attachment of various accessories like grips, bipods, lights, lasers and sling swivels.

It gives you the advantage the M4 improved to of having a stock that can adjust to a persons LOP and needed cheekweld, and than another users very quickly. It won't be effected by tempature, humidity, or any moisture that can change the POI on traditional stocks. Then if you were to drop it, bang it, bump it and slam it, it won't break were a more traditonal stock could be history.
Personal taste is one thing and that's why all of the M14 maniacs are lucky, as we have many more choices for all of us. I love the look and feel of a traditional wood stock, but hate the need to bed it to get maximum accuracy and than need to rebed it when that wears out. I love the fiberglass usgi's and aftermarkets like McMillan's and LAW483's, but they still are not the same if you want this kind of setup useability and still either wear out the receiver fit or need to be rebedded.

Like it or not, that's your right to your own taste and preference, but this is just advancement of the great M14 system that has given it a more modern fitting into a tactical fighting outlook were it would have not had as much of the new life given to it that it has now.
If you call this M4ism, that's fine than the Troy SopMod II which takes it even closer raising the stock higher and taking off and replacing the sights with M4 style sights for a better sight plane and better fit with more optics that don't work as well on the traditional M14 optic/stock setup like he Trijicon ACOG, ...............you'll really love. There are the major reasons that this was looked to in the first place and I sure as hell don't need an M4 when I could have this. The M14 doesn't have the gas system problems that a M4 does and shits were it eats putting more heat and fouling on the bolt/receiver, is a steel rifle, not aluminum and still light enough, is very reliable in all kinds of environment and lays down the more powerful 7.62mm round that will do more at long ranges than just punch holes in paper.  

Nice rifle!!! One hell of a good setup!!

Troy's SopmodII

I saw that awhile back and thought cool, but I am saving for the SCAR H instead.  

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I saw that awhile back and thought cool, but I am saving for the SCAR H instead.  

Nathan

Hey Nathan, keep us posted on your H - I'm saving up for one of these.

SWORDS - Talon Robots (Armed)

Features:

* With a weapons platform mounted to a Talon robot, the SWORDS system allows
Soldiers to fire small arms weapons by remote control from as far as 1,000 meters away
   * Different weapons can be interchanged on the system – the M16, the 240, 249
or 50-caliber machine guns, or the M202 –A1 with a 6mm rocket launcher

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan

world.guns.ru/assault/scar_h.jpg

Hey Nathan, keep us posted on your H - I'm saving up for one of these.

web.media.mit.edu/~guy/blog/images/swords.jpg

SWORDS - Talon Robots (Armed)

Features:

* With a weapons platform mounted to a Talon robot, the SWORDS system allows
Soldiers to fire small arms weapons by remote control from as far as 1,000 meters away
   * Different weapons can be interchanged on the system – the M16, the 240, 249
or 50-caliber machine guns, or the M202 –A1 with a 6mm rocket launcher

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#30]

I'll take the Light in OD and the Heavy in Tan please.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#31]
John Garand is rolling AND puking in his grave. That thing looks like a retarded kid that the military tested radiation laced with LSD on.

Awful, sorry.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If you call this M4ism, that's fine than the Troy SopMod II which takes it even closer raising the stock higher and taking off and replacing the sights with M4 style sights for a better sight plane and better fit with more optics that don't work as well on the traditional M14 optic/stock setup like he Trijicon ACOG, ...............you'll really love. There are the major reasons that this was looked to in the first place and I sure as hell don't need an M4 when I could have this. The M14 doesn't have the gas system problems that a M4 does and shits were it eats putting more heat and fouling on the bolt/receiver, is a steel rifle, not aluminum and still light enough, is very reliable in all kinds of environment and lays down the more powerful 7.62mm round that will do more at long ranges than just punch holes in paper.  

Nice rifle!!! One hell of a good setup!!

Troy's SopmodII

There are certain things in life that are already just fine like the wheel, fire, boobs, M14's etc.

Since the M14 has been used quite successfully in combat IN LIMITED NUMBERS since Vietnam, and the above bastard retarded step child would never be allowed into any type of combat scenario, I'll stick with my Walnut stock M1A.

Some people have too much money and too much free time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
who the hell needs an M4??????   I have often thought the same thing.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/0IMG_2160.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/0IMG_2151.jpg

Then agin -

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/0Dsc01145.jpg

I think I need professional help

Do you actually register your photos with the Library of Congress? I thought I had seen it all on this site, but this thread takes the prize.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Or the Duke Boys.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like the A-team got a hold of it...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the Duke Boys.

duke boys didn't use guns, they were on probation
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't you can just feel the love for the EBR in this thread...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
John Garand is rolling AND puking in his grave. That thing looks like a retarded kid that the military tested radiation laced with LSD on.

Awful, sorry.

If your talking about the SCAR rifle...

I think its Nice Besides, I think Reliability & Ergonomics come before Looks... and I sure think the military does also after selecting the SCAR

Now if your talking about the topic starter's rifle, I think he likes it, and thats all that matters.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is my "bastard child"  BTW...

I hope it offends you purists

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know how people can hate a M1A in any configuration.

To me looks don't mean a thing.  All pictures posted of M1A's in this thread have left me drooling.

I had to put my .02 in as a counter to the morons posting "FUGLY" and such.

BEAUTIFUL M1A RIFLES!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#41]
What's w/ some people bashing M1A in EBR platform, you may not like the look, then don't buy it, many people here like it, so the do some special forces in Iraq,  NavySeal like them hence the existence of the NavySeal EBR...  EBR platform gives adjustable LOP, cheekheight, slings like an AR for CQB, no bedding needed, and rails to hang your tactical junk for CQB...  

With that being said, I do have an M1A Scout in navySeal's gray EBR , love my setup for beating the bush for hogs, barely any recoil w/ this setup.

Pretty sure someone's gonna bash my hedious looking EBR, I'll put on my flame suit w/ 50Unit & H20Man.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What's w/ some people bashing M1A in EBR platform, you may not like the look, then don't buy it, many people here like it, so the do some special forces in Iraq,  NavySeal like them hence the existence of the NavySeal EBR...  EBR platform gives adjustable LOP, cheekheight, slings like an AR for CQB, no bedding needed, and rails to hang your tactical junk for CQB...  

With that being said, I do have an M1A Scout in navySeal's gray EBR , love my setup for beating the bush for hogs, barely any recoil w/ this setup.

Pretty sure someone's gonna bash my hedious looking EBR, I'll put on my flame suit w/ 50Unit & H20Man.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/5906TswBaby/ebr9.jpg

+1, Nice rifle.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]

and the above bastard retarded step child would never be allowed into any type of combat scenario, I'll stick with my Walnut stock M1A.

You are very wrong about that. Pictures to follow to prove it. Not that I have a dog in this fight, I love my wood furnitured M1A's.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

and the above bastard retarded step child would never be allowed into any type of combat scenario, I'll stick with my Walnut stock M1A.

You are very wrong about that. Pictures to follow to prove it. Not that I have a dog in this fight, I love my wood furnitured M1A's.

Steve

+1 to that. There are many Sage stocks being used throughout the military and if you see an M14 in a wood stock it's not by choice most likely. Wood stocks are nice looking and I like them myself, but are way old technology on a weapon system today. Weaker, open to POI shift, less friendly to setting up some of the most common rifle tools today like rails, tactical slings, lights, lasers and bipods and then being as reliable in using them with rough use. Sorry, but those bastards are called suiting towards modern needs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#45]
If someone could make a durable BAR-10/LAR-10, that would be a better/more effective replacement for the M1A/M14 + Sage stock.

We're talking about a $1000 .308 AR-10 clone versus a $2500+ M1A + A-team special furniture set.
There's also the .308 AKs (Vepr 20" or 16" .308) but mag availability and price are the problem in that setup.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#46]
yikes, what an abortion.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:50:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice rifles - Nice SAGE stocks - keep'em coming

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:02:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh shit! I can't believe you just used the Molly Hatchet background diversion!

I'll attempt to take away the "Ugly" title from our local Hatchet fan with a recycled pic:

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Looks sexy!

And dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
The way I see it is that, according to the M1A purists, they think that traveling on horseback is a form of modern travel. The EBR/Sage/Troy/Law483/McMillian stocks are bringing the M14/M1A rifle onto the modern battlefield. It just proves what we M14/M1A fans have known all along that this system is better, and will outlast/perform other rifle systems. I don't know how you could not like one, but not the other. The ostrich has to take his head out of the sand sometime.

ETA: I own most all modern battle rifles, and there is no equal to the M14/M1A. I hope that we can agree on that no matter what form in which it is portrayed.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top