Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:18:22 AM EDT
Hey gang,

A good buddy of mine is in the Raq for a spell, and he'd like a scope and mount for his M14.  He's not a sniper, he supports the Bradley's, if that helps make a recommendation.

Thanks!

Michael
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
For his aplication I would start here with the Knights M14 RAS

www.knightarmco.com/products.html

PDF is here.

www.knightarmco.com/slicks/M14%20RAS%20slick04.pdf

He can have many options withis mount.

JR
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
 Who the hell recommends the ( $550! ) KAC RAS?!?!

If it's ISSUE, sure order it up, but if he is BUYING IT!  SCREW THAT B.S.!!

How about a simple STEEL scope mount from Smith for around $150: S E I

Steel won't flex like an aluminum mount will,  Stay away from the Springfield scope rails.

Scope?  Well that is difficult.  Go here and shop around: SWFA The Super Sniper at fixed 10 power with rear focus, badger ordnance rings and the above mount will cost less than that Stoopid F'n KAC mount BARE & ALONE....

Then add a cheek rest from BLACKHAWK or just use some foam and 100mph tape.  Cheap and it works.

**Do you REALLY want to listen to any old dipshit on the internet, INCLUDING me!?**

You really want to CALL and talk to ANYONE at Smith Enterprises (480) 964-1818.  See what he recommends and has "On Sale".  They have been taking care of MANY troops since the resurgence of the M14 into soldiers hands.  They have an UP TO DATE and current understanding of what works and what doesn't work.  If you want a laugh, ask him about that KAC mount...

~Will
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That's good advice on SEI; they have the military M14 market dialed in.  However, pass this on to your bud in the sandbox: He can save $$$ by getting his supply folks to just order him the SEI MIL STD 1913 5.0" scope mount  ("Viewer, Mount", NSN 5855-01-506-5750, P/N 2006).  Then order  the SEI HD Rings, either the 0.35 Low variety for 40mm objective lenses and smaller ("Gun, Component, Retainer" NSN 1005-01-535-4417, P/N 7002) or if he gets a scope with a 44mm - 50mm objective lens he needs their 0.50" medium rings ("Gun, Component, Retainer" NSN 1005-01-535-4423, P/N 7018). Also, being Active Duty, SEI will sell him Leupold Mark 4 optics at a terrific deal.  Hope this helps -- wish him luck.  Ron will take care of him -- no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mach6 is correct.

After a few calls to both Smith and Bill it is evident they will do what ever they can to help where the help is needed.

I believe they are/have sold out of the $105.00 Weaver Rrail that at one time was listed on the Sale Page.

If you need a adjustable cheek piece PM me and I can get you fixed up there.

Karsten
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Karsten's right too.  Go for his cheek piece.  Better than the strap on affairs. IMHO. As for the on sale mounts at SEI, they found some more.  Actually, they were part of the same '96 run, except this second batch needed either heat treatment or the mag phosphating -- forget which.  Anyway, if your bud can't order the SEI stuff through supply, go for the $105 mount -- same as the issue unit, but in Weaver not Picatinny configuration.  If he does get that unit, make sure he gets the appropriate Weaver rings.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
A.R.M.S. is making an M-14 scope mount as well for $170.00.  I don't know much about it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Karsten:  PM sent.

~Will
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Tthe ARMS mount is GREAT. SEI will ship to APO's and currently is backordered to civillians. I like the SEI mount the best, but my rig has the ARMS 18 with #22 med rings and #37 spacers to mount a fixed power 6x42 Leupold target nice and low. Sub M.O.A. out to 400m, and then the operator opens the group up a little. All the boys I know back from Jawaland say 6x20 50mm is nice....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top