Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 11:18:22 AM EDT
I see two types of Sage stocks available now.  The ALCS which has the adjustable butt stock and cheek rest.  The second type is theALCS/CV and has an AR 15 tube and butt stock.  I want a stock that will allow me to use a forward mounted 4X Leupold scope but also allow comfortable use of iron sights.  Which is my best option between these two stocks?  Thanks for any advise.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I see two types of Sage stocks available now.  The ALCS which has the adjustable butt stock and cheek rest.  The second type is theALCS/CV and has an AR 15 tube and butt stock.  ...  Which is my best option between these two stocks?  Thanks for any advise.

Visit Tactical Works for information on both versions.

4X Leupold??? Could you provide a link?

Thanks ~
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
ALCS is better for CQC (for a SCOUT or SOCOM) IMHO. Nothing like fully collapsing the stock and letting her rip thru some mags from the hip.

Range Report: SOCOM - Sage ALCS & GripPod  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the EBR\ALCS version. I own several AR variants with different stocks and find the EBR just as comfortable. The irons can be used but some individuals that have shot the rifle had a problem doing this even with the cheek pad at its lowest setting. Different facial structure preventing them from getting a low enough cheeck weld for the irons I guess. Perhaps the AR-style stock would allow a lower cheek weld, can't comment on that as I have no firsthand experience with that version.

Wonder if there are specs on the height from cheek rest to center of rear sight somewhere for each version? Also: Is the center height of the rear sight the same for the different versions of the M1A assuming the same manufacturer?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The irons can be used but some individuals that have shot the rifle had a problem doing this even with the cheek pad at its lowest setting. Different facial structure preventing them from getting a low enough cheeck weld for the irons I guess. Perhaps the AR-style stock would allow a lower cheek weld, can't comment on that as I have no firsthand experience with that version.

I have both versions and have a little difficulty getting low enough to view the sights comfortably.

Anyway, if you want to use a scope that would require a cheek rest on a normal M14, get the version with the adjustable cheek piece.  Otherwise, either would do and it's a matter of preference.

Also, the one that uses the AR15 stock can take normal AR15 grips.  It comes stock with a Tango Down.  The other version uses a more proprietary grip, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Also, the one that uses the AR15 stock can take normal AR15 grips.  It comes stock with a Tango Down.  The other version uses a more proprietary grip, IIRC.

Correct. And how I wish that wasn't the case.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. And how I wish that wasn't the case.

+1

Nathan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top