Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:05:01 PM EDT
Are these worth a damm?

armalite.com/sales/specials/excess/m14magSale.htm

If not, where can I get good mags at good prices?

TIA
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They're USGI and good to go.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a bunch and think they are great. Real deal US made GI issue. THey were bought before the ban so Armalite could convert them to use in their AR10s.

ETA: I have spent a ton of money lately on the ARs, but I am going to risk the rath of Khan(my wife) and buy about 5 more of those mags. Get em while you can...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I really shouldn't, but I am tempted to buy four more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Bought 4 from Armalite. They will be here in a couple of weeks. Nice lady on phone said they ran out and were waiting for a large shipment form one of their other warehouse's. We also talked about the fact that some of them were showing up as QUESTIONABLE. She said that they had a bounch of those mixed in with what they had and that they were working on NOT shipping those to customers. And she said that if any of the mags I get are not USGI they WILL replace them with USGI. For the money, this is the best way to go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey CFE- How arew you supposed to tell if they are not USGI? None of my mags are marked, even the ones I bought from SA. How did she describe the "questionable" ones?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey CFE- How arew you supposed to tell if they are not USGI? None of my mags are marked, even the ones I bought from SA. How did she describe the "questionable" ones?

See the free online Pictorial M14 Magazine Identification Guide at www.imageseek.com/m1a  It takes about seven minutes to download on a cable Internet connection.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered six of the Armalite mags a few months ago. Five of them have proved to be reliable and flawless. But one has been a real pain. There don't seem to be any edges sticking up or anything. I just can't make it feed right. It turns my M1A into a single-shot. Still trying to figure-out why it won't feed...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Different - hats off.... what a site...

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Different - hats off.... what a site...

Thank you

+1 on Diffs site. USGI mags should be marked with a maker. Always check the spot welds up the spline. Don't buy the "USGI" ones in the white bags. They are fakes, at least all the one's I have seen are.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out that site! It will show you everything you need to know. I look for the markings and dimple welds first. Then I really start to examine them. The Armalite mags are deeply parked, so you hace to really look hard. I use a 10x to look at the markings. Dimple welds are a big clue also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought 4 and they are great.  I received all BRW S1 and they are new no marks.
Go for it.  I hear they are getting low.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting stuff....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top