Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:05:01 PM EDT
Are these worth a damm?

armalite.com/sales/specials/excess/m14magSale.htm

If not, where can I get good mags at good prices?

TIA
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
They're USGI and good to go.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 4:03:11 PM EDT by CannoncockerUSMC]
I bought a bunch and think they are great. Real deal US made GI issue. THey were bought before the ban so Armalite could convert them to use in their AR10s.

ETA: I have spent a ton of money lately on the ARs, but I am going to risk the rath of Khan(my wife) and buy about 5 more of those mags. Get em while you can...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:58:49 PM EDT
I really shouldn't, but I am tempted to buy four more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:08:30 AM EDT
Bought 4 from Armalite. They will be here in a couple of weeks. Nice lady on phone said they ran out and were waiting for a large shipment form one of their other warehouse's. We also talked about the fact that some of them were showing up as QUESTIONABLE. She said that they had a bounch of those mixed in with what they had and that they were working on NOT shipping those to customers. And she said that if any of the mags I get are not USGI they WILL replace them with USGI. For the money, this is the best way to go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:36:04 PM EDT
Hey CFE- How arew you supposed to tell if they are not USGI? None of my mags are marked, even the ones I bought from SA. How did she describe the "questionable" ones?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CannoncockerUSMC:
Hey CFE- How arew you supposed to tell if they are not USGI? None of my mags are marked, even the ones I bought from SA. How did she describe the "questionable" ones?

See the free online Pictorial M14 Magazine Identification Guide at www.imageseek.com/m1a It takes about seven minutes to download on a cable Internet connection.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:18:38 PM EDT
I ordered six of the Armalite mags a few months ago. Five of them have proved to be reliable and flawless. But one has been a real pain. There don't seem to be any edges sticking up or anything. I just can't make it feed right. It turns my M1A into a single-shot. Still trying to figure-out why it won't feed...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT
Different - hats off.... what a site...

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Face_N_The_Crowd:
Different - hats off.... what a site...

Thank you

+1 on Diffs site. USGI mags should be marked with a maker. Always check the spot welds up the spline. Don't buy the "USGI" ones in the white bags. They are fakes, at least all the one's I have seen are.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:03:51 AM EDT
Check out that site! It will show you everything you need to know. I look for the markings and dimple welds first. Then I really start to examine them. The Armalite mags are deeply parked, so you hace to really look hard. I use a 10x to look at the markings. Dimple welds are a big clue also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
I bought 4 and they are great. I received all BRW S1 and they are new no marks.
Go for it. I hear they are getting low.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:45:39 PM EDT
Interesting stuff....
Top Top