Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:02:18 PM EDT
And he joyously exclaimed "They charged my credit card!"
I got a strange look when I said that a bit loud in a happy tone.  Just proves we're nuts.

My CMP Service grade M1 springfield should be coming very soon!

checklist;
-Duff book
-3 rolls of paper towels
*need to borrow heat gun again
-rubbing alcohol
-turpentine paint thinner
-ratty flannel shirt (not sure whether to wear it or cut it into patches and rags)
-vacation day available if needed to meet the truck for deliver
-dewey rod with brushes and patch jag
-dewey m1 bore guide on order (do i dare wait for it?)

I forsee several evenings of being a giggling maniacal hermit.  Would it be too much if I precooked some meals for the week?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"Would it be too much if I precooked some meals for the week?"

Actually that would be smart.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Were trying to get an M1A as the 06 Sebr
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Were trying to get an M1A as the 06 Sebr

special edition brown rifle?

I want one, doubly so if it's an LRB
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Sebr?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to get a couple cans of Gunscrubber.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats Steel....I too am anticipating becoming a giggling hermit!

My wife and kids think it's hysterical....and it is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunscrubber, good idea!

The 1903 I got last month I used a spraycan of Browning brand gunscrubber/CLP cleaner.  Blech,  It turned to snot outside in the cold.  I was awful.  Sticky snot like consistency with a nasty odor.  I had to get a can of brake cleaner to get the browning gun cleaner off.  I sure hope they quit making that crap.  I bought it in a blow out bin and it was not worth the 1.50.

I'm crossing my fingers on my luck of the draw.  I asked for a rifle with gray park not that soft greek black finish.  With my luck I'll get good metal and sunken ship wood.  My 1903 had a dark walnut fingergroove stock......with light beechwood greek repairs to it.  So close but so far sometimes.

SoS
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sebr?

Special Edition Black Rifle-a rifle with an AR15.com logo on it. I would be surprised at an LRB offering, too expensive.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sebr?

Special Edition Black Rifle-a rifle with an AR15.com logo on it. I would be surprised at an LRB offering, too expensive.

Lou does have AR lowers
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner .

Non chlorinated style at the auto parts store for $2.00 a can.

Why waste dough when Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner vis Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner

JR
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Gunscrubber = brake cleaner

I knew that!, It's so funny that you think I didn't know that, I did, I knew that (In Martin Short voice, SNL skit)

but word to the wise wear gloves if using it for a prolonged amount of time.  The skin under my finger nails hurt for two days after I cleaned up the M1903.  So much for a college education and my 40 hour osha training.

SoS
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner .

Non chlorinated style at the auto parts store for $2.00 a can.

Why waste dough when Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner is Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner vis Gunscrubber is Brake Cleaner

JR

So give me the MSDS for the brake cleaner you use.
Most brake cleaner is NOT the same as Gunscrubber.
Most brake cleaner is now the non-chlorinated type that's flammable as all fuck.

MSDS info for Gunscrubber:

DESCRIPTION
Trichloroethylene

MSDS info for Gunk brand brake cleaner (common auto parts brand):

CHLORINATED BRAKE CLEANER
DESCRIPTION
Tetrachloroethylene

NON-CHLORINATED BRAKE CLEANER
DESCRIPTION
2-Propanone
Heptane
Methanol

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Then you can use the one on the next shelf over that is chlorinated. Parts plus has both near me.

I would not smoke around either.

I dont keep my MSDS book as up to date as I used to. I like the chlorinated better most times too. I just bought "Non Chlor" last time to see to give the Ozone layer a break. Most are not safe for wood or plastic.

JR
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Then you can use the one on the next shelf over that is chlorinated. Parts plus has both near me.

I would not smoke around either.

I dont keep my MSDS book as up to date as I used to. I like the chlorinated better most times too. I just bought "Non Chlor" last time to see to give the Ozone layer a break. Most are not safe for wood or plastic.
JR

Gunscrubber is Tric.
Can't find a Tric based chlorinated brake cleaner in my area period.
You also missed the fact that the most popular brand of brake cleaner, Gunk, does not have a Tric based chlorinated brake cleaner.

What good is your chanting on Gunscrubber is brake cleaner when you know that it's going to be used to clean an M1 Garand (it has wood) - QUOTE:

Most are not safe for wood or plastic.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top